More "Elders" Doubt They Are Appointed By The "Holy Spirit"!

by Bubblegum Apotheosis 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

It's been established, JW elders are not appointed by Jehovah's Holy Spirit, they are appointed by human men.

Sabs: Your post have been enjoyable to read, they hit close to home, and touch others who have been there.

DJegg, Don't you have a Field Service Goal to hit of 30 hours, you can't use JWN to count your time, or has Jehovah revealed'

a personal revelation to you, allowing you to preach here, during the Special Field Service Month Of 2012?

• cantleave
    cantleave

First thought I had in my first elder's meeting was, "how'd I get into this mess?"

I can relate to that, my first elder's meeting was more chaotic than any board meeting I ever attended, with more politics being played and less common courtesy.

• elderelite
    elderelite

I love that eggnug shows up, spouts pages of drivel, and the minute real world elders talk personal experiances he evaporates... Eggnug is not an elder, not an ms and never will be. He is uniquely unqalified irl to do anything he speaks of here, and i cant imagine having to listen to him speak the way he types. Keyboard commando at work.

• zeb
    zeb

I had not come across this before. But the guy called eggnog or such in his 532 submission is no doubt a JW. He follows the pattern I saw in my earliest contact with the 'truth' that no one giving a talk ever uses two or three words if they can use 100.

Think of the great speeches of human kind. In no order;

The Gettysburg address. This took Lincoln apx 20 minutes to recite. Anyone recall the name of the Senator who ambled on for two hours before Lincoln? No of course not.

The sermon on the mount. Just reading it slowly from the scriptures and allowing for questions from listeners there. How long did Jesus take to deliver it?

Winston Churchills, 'Battle of Britain' speech.. "their finest hour.." mere minutes and he steeld a nation and a Commonwealth against the Nazis.

and so many WT speakers are what I call "Scripture strafers". They barely begin their talk and its this quote then that one then another and the audience has no time to think(!) and h'es off on a stream of further quotes. Using the scriptures like a drunk uses a light poll for support rather than illumination.

Jesus parables. Nice simple (not crass) illustrations. How long did he take to deliver them?

My pet peeve with elders and WT talks? So many of the speakers think they are stand up commedians and have the need to make silly little jokes about things this occurs particularly during the WT study. Result? 80% of the cong dont reply out of fear of being ridiculed those that do are the old set or propmpted children but NONE of the young people.

I rest my case.

• *lost*
    *lost*

bumped

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

i think a lot of times elders deny holy spirit period, I mention holy spirit was helping me with knowledge because of prayer, asking for knowledge, and an epiphany i had, and he said 'demons can do that to'.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

I totally drank the Kool-Aid on this one (served as MS for almost 5 yrs) and thought I was "privileged" but that bubble exploded when I heard about that story in AZ of David Nelson. There went my belief in the appointment system, right out the window along with my faith.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit