Every day that goes by in this rotten old system is just one day closer to Jehovah’s new world.

by life is to short 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• life is to short
    life is to short

I grew up hearing this all the time. It made me wish my life away, not look at the small joys every day of life brings to all of us. Instead I looked at all the bad there was in the world, my life, etc and blamed it all on Satan. I so clearly remember when in my mid teens hearing about a old faithful brother who was like checking off the days saying well one more down so I am one day closer to Jehovah's new system.

It was like someone living in prison who was marking down the days until they are released. Or someone working in a dreadful job and counting down the days until they can quit or retire.

This religion makes life seem like such a trial, that living each day is just a hardship to endure and overcome, not life to enjoy.

I feel like I lost most of my life to this negative way of thinking. My childhood was robbed from me because I would never start school then it was I would not graduate then it was I would never get married then it was I would never have kids. I chose not to have kids because as I was told 'who in their right mind would have kids in such a horrible world.' But if I had, had children they would now be old enough to have kid themselves. And yet this wicked old world is still going on and people are still (gasp in shock) still enjoying the small joys that life brings to everyone who is not a Jehovah's Witnesses.

Even with all of this knowledge I still find myself still wishing for tomorrow throwing away the joys of today and hoping that tomorrow will bring the happiness I was never allowed to look for in the small joys of every day.

It truly feels like they have tried really hard to suck the joy of life out of me. I need to stop letting them do that.

ITS

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This religion makes life seem like such a trial, that living each day is just a hardship to endure and overcome, not life to enjoy.

That was spot on. I remember asking myself one day, why I feel like crap everyday, even though it appears like I'm in a position in life where I should feel comfortable. They are fun busters. Even gathering a little comforts of the world just make u feel guilty

• Azazel
    Azazel

What need of a better future do happy people need.? WTS keeps JW under pressure and suffering in life that way the future good times are the carrot dangling ahead. I got beat with the stick tho.

Az

• cyberjesus
  • Lazarus
    Lazarus

I knew a man who, as teenager, wished to become a car engineer. But "Jehovah's new world is just around the corner, why waste your time?" So his parents an the elders forbid it.

He worked as unskilled worker and ruined his health over the years. He never got over it and became sulky and disgruntled.

Next week I will attend his funeral. He died in his seventies. Sad.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

About the time, doubt started to enter into my mind, I was talking to an ex CO and his wife. I was still really active so I wanted to know everything about him. One thing that shocked me was when both he and his wife told me that the Society needs to set up convelescent home for elderly CO's and DO's. I was like what about now? What happend? He just shrugged. Fortunately for them, their family had money so they turned out ok

• mP
    mP

are we talking about the same jehovah and jesus that are soft on slavery, raping virgins and pedophilia. thats right no where in the bible are any of those three banned. however if you wear clothes withntwo threads or eat pork then yiur damned.

if you want gods laws as in the bibke go live with those faithful in afghaniatan - the taliban.

• Cirkeline
    Cirkeline

I remember a CO advicing us to put all our wishes for joyfull activities and need for studying things (education) in a imaginary treasure box. Everything we loved and would want to do we should put into this box.We could look into this box from time to time and dream about it, but make sure our dreams stayed inside the box and lock it up.

This treasure box was only to be opened for real when we got into the new system, because then there were no limits for all the time and opportunity we would have for all the interesting and joyfull stuff we could fill our life with. He emphesized there were no time for these things in this rottend world. We should use all our time, strenght, and mind, focusing on preaching, and theocratic activities. He had a treasurebox himself, and told us specifically what was in it. Cant remember the content of his box, but I remember that feeling inside, exactly as you put it - Life is to short - that they try really hard to suck all the joy of life out of you. So sad sad and sad.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Cirkeline

I too have heard that example of the box and to keep in mind that everything in this world will soon pass away. They love to quote Matthew 6:19 (Stop storing up for yourselves treasures upon the earth, where moth and rust consume, and where thieves break in and steal. Rather, store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.)

When from a small child your mind has been filled with the fact that this life is to only be endured and not enjoyed it changes your thought process the way your mind is wired. It is really funny in a very sad way but when ever I start to truly enjoy my life that stupid scripture just keep popping into my head. I am sure other religions treach things such as this but not in the strict manner that the JW's do.

I swear if there is a God there is a special place in HELL for these men who run this publishing company disguised as a religion.

LITS

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Jehovah's Witnesses- just stop whatever you are doing and wait on Jehovah.

As long as you are waiting, distribute our literature and raise some cash.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit