Every day that goes by in this rotten old system is just one day closer to Jehovah’s new world.

by life is to short 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pontoon
    pontoon

Interesting discussion, I feel the same as what has been said. I'm almost 59, regret I didn't get more education when I was younger because '75 was so close. Still, I never thought life was so bad, too many good times and things to do, didn't want Armegedon to come yet,------and felt guilty for feeling that way. As far as paradise is concerned, when the friends think about it, their minds eye goes to petting lions, learning musical instruments, bountiful food, beautiful homes,------ all the good stuff. They foget that as we are, were taught, Jeh is this "humble" god that requires his SERVANTS to worship and praise and obey him. What's that going to take, 10 hrs a day? Then 144,000 kings, why? Then "princes" on the earth--todays elders. All this music we learn will only be songs of praise? I think paradise may not be all it's cracked up to be.

• cult classic
    cult classic

LITS that is such a good point about the cult affecting your thought process and the way your mind is wired. When I finally woke up from the nightmare of the religion, I realized just how altered my reality was as a JW. Nothing is ever right or good enough. We were taught to never get comfortable in this system. If you're never comfortable then you can never be at peace.

A beautiful warm and sunny day is ruined by a long day in field service trying to convince people of how horrible the world is.

• designs
    designs

Wintesses were buying up Term Life Insurance prior to 1975, I never understood that.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I'd like to have a £ for every time that I have heard the statement that is the thread title. Yes, I have said it too...

It is classic escapism from the reality that is the fact that time goes on and on and on.

This line is so true:

This religion makes life seem like such a trial, that living each day is just a hardship to endure and overcome, not life to enjoy.

As a dub I was taught to live for the future, endure the present and not take the obvious steps that would have made life better, a better way is to think as does Dr Wayne Dyer :

"The message is clear 'do it!' Develop an appreciation for the present moment. seize every second of your life and savour it.Value your present moments. Using them up in self-defeating ways means that you have lost them forever...."

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

When you don't know the final destination, every mile you drive brings you closer to nowhere...If you don't have a date how do you know you are close?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Every day that goes by in this rotten system of Jehovah's is one day closer to a new beautiful system without him.

(The Zionist Cabal is nearly broke, under investigation and facing $$$Trillion lawsuits!!)

• flipper
    flipper

LITS - Your statement : " Even with all of this knowledge I still find myself wishing for tomorrow throwing away the joys of today and hoping that tomorrow will bring the happiness I was never allowed to look for in the small joys of everyday life. " And therein within that statement partially lies the answer to your dilemma. Think about it.

It was the WT society - NOT YOURSELF - who didn't ALLOW you to look for the small joys in life. Once you get to the point of not allowing the WT society's views and thinking to steal away the present moment or enjoying the here and now - you will start finding that they don't control you anymore in each daily experience you have. It takes time to be sure to get to that point , however I found by reading in detail books like Steve Hassan's " Combatting Cult Mind Control " & " Releasing the Bonds - Empowering others to Think For Themselves " - both those books were a tremendous help to assist me to find happiness in my own experiences each day and it taught me to realize I was duped, deceived by a criminal organization bent on stealing my own mind away. Once I came to really appreciate that- I started enjoying living EACH day for myself with new experiences and interests and hobbies - stopped living for the WT society's illusionary - never gonna happen type of false promises.

Hang in there LITS. You're doing good. It's just all part of the healing process. If you get a chance really - read Hassan's books. I think it would be of great assistance to you. Take care

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So..

How long am I supposed to wait f or the New System?

http://b4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/02014/49/82/2014882894_l.jpg

...................... ...OUTLAW

• life is to short
    life is to short

Flipper your right I have both of the books, I think it was just a little overwhelming when I read through them the first time it felt like I was speed reading in many way I think it all just hit home so much that it was more then I could take in.

I am going to reread them. Thank you for your and Mrs. Flipper's support, I do not know what I would have done without the both of yours help.

Also I made this thread because I think most of us who were in the cult are so affected in so many ways we do not even truly know.

OUTLAW
    LOVE your post it is so true.

LITS

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

You nailed it, LITS. Dubs are trained (without knowing it) to focus on only the bad things in life. The more you focus on how much things suck....the more the more you WANT to believe that there is a new system that is close at hand. In all actuality.....I think it is human nature to sometimes only focus on the negative (though much more so within the borg). Think about it....

How many times do we focus on and commit to memory the bad things that happen to us? We lament the fact that today we dropped the mail in a big puddle and now it's all wet. And then we promptly stepped in dog poop. We talk about those things to anyone that will listen. Yet we faintly remember the fact that when shopping at the mall....we dropped our keys and didn't know it and they just happened to have landed in the bottom part of the baby stroller we were pushing and thus were not lost.

The little things that we "luck out" on in life tend to go unnoticed.....but when life takes a big shit on us....we make sure to notice that.

Now that I am free of Watchtower control....I am making sure to notice the GOOD things that happen in life. The funny thing is....I think there has always been a LOT of good....I just chose not to notice it as a witness......as though focusing on the bad would somehow make the "end" come sooner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit