Video: Take a look at N. H. Knorr's elevator to his office.

by freetosee 43 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Good point Edmond: Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, in that video--that was soooooo busy "smoothly and efficiently" publishing those life-saving magazines warning of the coming "Great and Fear-Inspiring Day of GEE-hovah" and the wrath of His Son, Christ the Conquering King, at Armageddon--is dead. All of them, most assuredly.

Looks like they didn't save too many lives. But they did save on the cost of ink by making it themselves. Good move!

They keep saying "soon". I don't think that word means what they think it means!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Goooooood Grief....

The self-important pomposity in that video....

"You're about to take an historic journey..."

[Not unless I'm going to time-travel back to the times of the dinosaurs.... - Oh, wait!! There's the "dinosaurs" on the Governing Body!!!]

It sounds a bit like those self-trumpeting corporate sales films....

Like 00Dad said,

"It just looks like a cheesy promotional film from some two-bit publishing company...."

And moving on in the video...

"Taking an elevator to Bethel's tenth floor, we see the president's office, where matters of world-wide importance in gospel preaching activity are handled...."

Pompous, pompous, pompous....

Oh, and here's another gem...

"The legal department is continually concerned with the fight for free worship. Giving YOU the right to hear the "truth" and to tell it to others. The legal fight for this right to freedom of worship has been necessary in many lands, because opposers are determined that "This good news" shall NOT be preached...."

Funny how they've only fought for their OWN right to spread THEIR propaganda....

Watching this video was about as interesting as watchng grass grow.....

They didn't appear to have many safety practices in place - wonder how many brothers/sisters are injured on the job at Bethel, each year???

• 00DAD
    00DAD

ziddina: Watching this video was about as interesting as watchng grass grow.....

True, but at least grass can serve as food for horses and cows. Not even mushrooms can grow in the BULLSHIT that came out of this video!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!!!

SO true, 00Dad, SO true!!!

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

that video sucks. as do all jw videos.

slow, dull, stupid KM orcestra soundtrack, the words they use to convey fake intellegence, the stupid suits and ties and dresses, nobody standing out with personality, no humor, completely ignoring the rest of the world and only focusing in JWLAND.

i hate when they take bible terms and apply they in their speach to make themselfs appear holy and official.

i hate even reading the mags. as soon as you read one sentance you can feel the bullshit starting. just one sentance!

it's hanging around a bunch of stupid people that think they are genius. you can feel yourself being dumbed down just being around them.

i didnt get to see the elevator. i'm sure it was aweful.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Nice to put a face to the name of the man who, under oath, said all of us who leave are worthy of death. Covington.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

It reminds me of those "educational" films we used to sleep through in "current events" class in high school. The writing style, the narrator speaking in the same monotone, the same way they strech 45 seconds of actual content into a 15 minute film... If you suffer from insomnia, here's the cure!

• Zordino
    Zordino

DDoesn't Milton Henschel Look a bit like Jean Luc Picard? One used to Fight the Borg and the other used to Run the Borg. Interesting

• Zordino
  • botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

This thing is painful for me to watch.

Remember reading those accounts in the yearbooks? The missionaries and other brave brothers and sisters all around the world?

At one time when I was young I truly believed it. I would have given my life for "Jehovah's Organization."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit