What could trigger a large proportion of JWs at once that this religion is a scam

by Mr Facts 62 Replies latest jw friends

• darthfader
    darthfader

simply..... nothing.... it's a self-replicating, self-healing virus that effects the minds of millions... It reached critical mass many decades ago and will continue on for the foreseeable future.

<hopeless>

• shamus100
    shamus100

Just remember this cult has hate, persecution and apostasy built into their control structure. They put more effort and propaganda into warning members against “evil things” than they do in actually trying to be real Christians. Witlesses have been conditioned to listen only to what comes from the wash-towel bait and switch $ociety, no matter how ludicrous (because, as we all know, it’s nude light). Even if you have hard evidence to back up your reasoning they won’t listen; according to them anything outside of wash-towels cocoon (trap) is complete crap, and you’re a load of crap for trying.

Best reply I've seen in years.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I think for many, the Governing Body themselves could tell them to their faces, it's a scam, and they would just laugh it off. Some will never wake up, they are terminally mind controlled.

Some know now, they are just stuck. Some may suspect, but the fear of being without the apron strings is just too terrifying, so they just up the self denial.

The difference today, is many are reasearching before they get in too deep. Many are researching before they have too much to lose. Many are young enough that they reasearch and are able to leave and have happy healthy productive lives. It is changing, but unfortunately, some will just never wake up.

• Mr Facts
    Mr Facts

It is just too sad, year after year, nothing concrete has really happened. Conventions after conventions, year after year, countless of boring meetings. How long would we continue in this mindless activity?.

Confused

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

It is just too sad, year after year, nothing concrete has really happened. Conventions after conventions, year after year, countless of boring meetings. How long would we continue in this mindless activity?.

Some have done it for eight decades, imagine that!

What you just stated though was a big part of my awakening. I simply started questioning why the endless meetings, service, assemblies, study. Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat Rinse repeat

Slowly, I realized I wasn't learining anything new. I wasn't growing. I was just treading water, and would be for the rest of my life if nothing changed.

It happens one person at a time. Sure there might be some massive event that shakes loose a section of the flock. But most will stay loyal until death. Cult prevention is the cure.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The upcoming generation -- I mean a real generation -- let's say kids born after 2000, have not lived a day of their lives without the Internet. By now, the oldest will be getting their first smartphones, with private access to the Internet. They are also going to find it very difficult to understand why certain subjects are not to be googled ---- we google everything! I think this will be the generation to say "no thanks" and I think their parents won't be far behind when it happens.

Wishful? Perhaps. But the times are a changin'!

Not with a bang, but a whimper.

• Mr Facts
    Mr Facts

Some of us are just unfortunately stuck in with large family presence, I wonder if we would ever be told to stay at home and ponder on what we have learnt at least for one yaear, I just need to have some peace of this mess.

• manicmama
    manicmama

What if they started requiring tithing? This would go against everything they have always preached but if they start needing money it is not all that far fetched. What do you think?

MM

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I dont think anything will ever change it permanently. Remember,there are still some people that think World Wide Wrestling is real...

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

If the society rules that obesity is a sin and those that are obese will be disfellowshipped if they don't get thinner, 30% of the rank and file would be DF'd

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit