What makes JW's think all is "Truth" now ?

by Phizzy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

C.T Russell was, they admit 90% wrong.

Ditto for Rutherford.

Ditto for a lot in the intervening years, wrong and wrong again, so the need for "New Light".

What makes them think that the 2012 version is any more right than the previous tripe ?

How can they know it won't all be dross tomorrow ?

"Good morning I have come to bring you the truth from god's word that may not be the truth at all when the next WT comes out" would be a more honest presentation.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Mere repetition...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The society saying so.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"The society" ? what's that then ? (I know really ,it is the writing dept of the WTBS) but it sounds so wrong it obviously is.

So, they cannot know for sure that what they call truth, is actually truth, so they really should stop using the phrase "In the truth".

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think some get off on the notice of being in an org that has "the truth". I know my mother does, it really pumps up and strokes her ego.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Cognitive dissonance. The logical conclusion would be that 90% of what you now accept as true will be false in a few decades. This does not prove to be very faith strengthening, so it gets the dissonance treatment.

• yknot
    yknot

Not like most could tell you what our 'truth' is anyways......

Makes me feel sad.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Since the WTBTS is a dangerous cult, it keeps JWs busy running like hamsters so that JWs do not have time to think. If you read Steve Hassan's book "Combatting Cult Mind Control", it is much easier to understand why the WTBTS does what it does.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• designs
    designs

After 100 years of refinement all you have left is pure Gold

• Poztate
    Poztate

After 100 years of refinement all you have left is pure Gold

Golden Showers anyway.... Google it if you are scratching your head

Share this

Google+
Pinterest