ya do know what THE most popular reason we leave WT is doncha?

by oompa 16 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

the...i just cant believe this bullshit anymore...it is a lie.... and i may have been raised in fukkin a cult for gods sake!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Same as Cantleave, funny thing is, reading old posts on here, nearly everyone who fits the category had a different doctrine or practice that triggered their moment of "Holy Fluck its all a lie!"

It just goes to show that we are all different, and that it is all a lie, the only bits that don't get mentioned as reasons for leaving are bits accepted by other religions, all the individual bits of JW only stuff features in someones epiphany.

A great number use the expression "house of cards" to describe how the whole WT belief system fell apart in no time once the epiphany had occured.

I feel sorry for those who have left, for whatever reason, but have not expunged all JW belief and traits, there are some who have left and still hang on to a lot of baggage, they should come to JWN and read the archive on each subject or personality trait they cling to, in no time they would be totally free.

Once you are that free, you are on the way to being a Xxjw.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

the...i just cant believe this bullshit anymore...it is a lie.... and i may have been raised in fukkin a cult for gods sake! dingdingdingding!!!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Being raised in a "bethel cong" I experienced #2, but hung around anyway. They're just imperfect people, right?

#1 was the clincher.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Oh lord.I got SO tired of hearing "you can judge Jehovah by the actions of the people"..Um.what???!!!??? Thats what did it for me..And the other one.And the sex.And just being aware of a world outsde of the terror and fearbased dubs.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

THE most popular reason we leave WT

Now the JW mindset would take #1, #2 or #3 and translate it as: "Obviously (love that word), there was some reason that Jehovah was no longer "drawing" you to His People on earth today." As one CO told me, "I sometimes think we spend 90% of our time trying to pull back in the 10% of people that the Angels are trying to throw out of the Organization." Not just blame the person for there being some reason that they are leaving, but give credit to the Angels for tossing them out. After all, NO ONE would leave the Spiritual Paradise on their own.

Doc

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Those pesky angels, I wish they would just stick to dancing on the head of a pin !

That attitude, that something is wrong with the person not the religion, is of course fostered by the WT, but it is amazing in its universality amongst the JW's

If they cannot clearly see something with which to label you, they will make it up ! The rumour mill after you have left is amazing !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit