Christian Atheists, why did you throw the baby out with the bath water?

by Elsewhere 86 Replies latest jw friends

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

What SweetBabyCheezits said. And stuff.

And what about Veritas???

• ziddina
    ziddina

I am constantly astounded at Christians' blind spot...

They'll laugh their heads off at the suggestion that Thor or Odin or Zeus or Athena or Hera are "real", despite the fact that these deities STILL HAVE FOLLOWERS....

But they can't see how laughable their own Bronze-Age Middle-Eastern male "god" is...

And of course they screech and yowl when presented with facts and logic that show the Middle-Eastern "god" to be no more real than the afore-mentioned deities.

What I find most hilarious, is when certain Chratheists even start throwing out parts of their own holy book[s], in an attempt to 'convince' themselves that their deity isn't as contradictory, vicious, capricious, and vindictive as "his" own holy book shows "him" to be...

I find that sort of dishonesty to be mind-boggling....

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I really miss Thor.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

A lot of those are just different names for the one god, or manifestations of it.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Cute! I like the list, it's poetic!

Christainity is a going someplace. (I shall make it clear here that my destination is not heaven.)

Look at the book again. There is so much about going there to there, that is what it is about. Where are we headed? We will head for the place where the Christ is/is headed.

So we can not also follow the other gods, but you are free to. You may even switch which one to follow and obviously we may too. Some of us choose not to change course.

Think of it like "where will we go on vacation?". When the family determines where to go this year, they don't make the other possible destinations an unreality.

So when we choose to follow Christ we are not contradicting Your god. Not at all.

• caliber
    caliber

I think many here could quite naturally take to another god.... Sarcasm

It doesn't matter what you or I BELIEVE. What matters is what is true. I could jump off a tall building and say that I don't believe in gravity.

"The truth will come out in the pudding "

• N.drew
    N.drew

I think many here could quite naturally take to another god.... Sarcasm

That's assuming I make it there!

• james_woods
    james_woods

I know where you are going, n.Drew. You are going to Portland to buy some tiny mushrooms.

• Violia
    Violia

SEKHMET, can't quite tell if that is male or female. Looks like a female bodybuilder.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I know where you are going, n.Drew. You are going to Portland to buy some tiny mushrooms.

You are a troll farmer* james_woods, are you not?

*or is it rancher?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit