Do You Ever Feel Invisible?

by Broken Promises 62 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

The first Business Social Mix I went to after I left was a wake up call to how out of touch we were as JWs. I felt like the proverbial brown shoes in a room full of Tuxedos.

• undercover
    undercover

Some of us are just too boring and non-charismatic to garner the attention that others get. So we don our overcoat and fedora and walk around with a Bogey sneer so to look tough and unfazed by the number of threads we alone have killed.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Some of us are just too boring and non-charismatic to garner the attention that others get. So we don our overcoat and fedora and walk around with a Bogey sneer so to look tough and unfazed by the number of threads we alone have killed.

"Some of us are just too boring" SOMETIMES! Haha! That's really good undercover!

A very good thread Broken Promises!!

• flipper
    flipper

BROKEN PROMISES- I've always enjoyed your threads ! You make good points and are a kick a$$ poster ! You know the JW cult and WT society made us feel invisible because as Witnesses our comments and takes on things were not important. We kept getting beaten down with the " I'm so imperfect and sinful " crap that we felt negativity towards ourselves many times. I just want you to know how appreciated and cherished you are ! Freedom of expression is great and for me personally I treasure yours ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• still thinking
    still thinking

I see you Broken Promises...I like your style

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Designs, LOL Remember George Gobel on Johnny Carson when he had to follow the "rat Pack"? He used your line about feeling like a pair of brown shoes in a room full of tuxsidos and brought the house down and Jonny to tears laughing!

• scary21
    scary21

I read all your posts BP ! I feel alone and invisible too. I have lived in 5 different states in the last 20 years. The last state I lived WI, I made 2 really great friends, one only 6 months before I had to move again. I have lived in IL now for almost 4 years.....not one friend. I am very out going...guess I don't click with IL people lol Most of my friends and family are in MI. Wish I could live there. I envy people that live close to friends and family. I do talk on the phone alot..........But many people here can't even do that because of the shunning....So many are even more alone and invisible !

Hugs to you and all the lonely people If anyone ever tells me they are new to the area....I will go out of my way to friend them !!!

• flipper
  • Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Thanks you guys.... Just out of bed so I'm still waking up... a sinus headache isn't helping any.... but I do appreciate each and every one of your replies.

Thank you

• factfinder
    factfinder

Broken Promises-

I see you too!

Yes- I often feel invisable. I am not an exciting person, nothing exciting happens in my life, what interests me bores most others, what interests most others bores me. I don't have anything exciting to write about and when I do try to begin a topic, it goes nowhere. So I no longer start new topics.

I do notice that when I comment on something I am very familiar with, such as the WTS printing operations-the thread dies.

So yes, I know how you feel. I am alone 99% of the time.

But I see you and you are not invisable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit