Do You Ever Feel Invisible?

by Broken Promises 62 Replies latest jw friends

• cult classic
    cult classic

Broken Promises - A while ago Snowbird had a thread, "Do y'all like me?".

Well, you started a thread titled, "Do Youse Like Me? "

I thought that was hilarious and totally got your sense of humor.

I laughed all day.

• Azazel
    Azazel

Aww BP just got in after board gaming bender and its 2am so im very sorry i didnt see your thread and it sucks that people are just so oblivious to those around them. Your always welcome to send me an sms and i will call you back .

On a slightly happy note Finance company has given me a 3 month moratorium so i can breath for a bit. I have a job interview in 6 Hours so better hit the hay.

Dont ever feel alone, friends are just an sms away

Azazel

• its_me!
    its_me!

Broken Promises--- I see you! And most of the time I feel the exact same way you do. For some reason, it is usually waitresses that find me invisible. Not waiters, but waitresses. I think the thing about being at the mall is just the simple fact that people are self-absorbed and rude in many cases. Or they are texting and not paying attn. I dislike going to the mall because of all the bumping!!

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

sometimes it's good to be invisible sometimes it's good to be seen... I've been invisible to long ... I have a You tube channel if you want to see me ... tatertbug1.. check me out sometime you have to make effort to be heard too..

I feel people are so into themselves.. they can't feel others, so we are all invisible to each other even when we are engaging.. seeing this I try to see others more as they see it ..

cheer up man I C U .. thats why I love Avatar.. the deep meaning of 'I see you".. peace man

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    I feel like I live on the other end of this sometimes. I WANT to be invisiable. sometimes it feels like the whole world wants a piece of me... family, work and even the borg. I work in a city and am always surounded by people, always interacting on some level... to escape to a desert island or a moutain top, to just be me and be alone....

This, this right here, sums up exactly how I feel. Family, so called friends, and even real friends, coworkers, fellow JWs, and more than anything this crazy WT religion and all the bull shit that comes with it, siphons the life out of me at times. I'd give the world to be invisible at times, just another number, or heck to even be dead some days seems like a blessing.

BP, you're alright. As others mentioned, on this message board depending on the time zone and what's going on in WT Land, thread popularity is fickle and doesn't remotely provide any gauge as to how the message board as a whole views an individual poster. As far as being invisible while in public, with the exception of people bumping into you, I say count your blessings. There's a measure of freedom that invisible people have, that I envy. There's a park that I love going to in the wintertime, and I love to sit on the bleachers and look at the field full of snow. So beautiful, so peaceful and serene, much how I wish my general life could be, free of the stresses that human relationships bring. You know, even when I was younger I would take walks late at night and make it a point to avoid streets with activity. To walk a back street at 1 or 2 in the morning is such a wonderful feeling. To be able to think, medatate, and blend in with the night, there's nothing quite like it.

Regardless BP, hang in there.

• Violia
    Violia

Just wanted to add that I understand that invisible feeling , and I too read your posts, so you are not invisible.

just for smiles, from my generation I offer this below, you are not invisible. stop paying your bills and find out or go to the airport .

• N.drew
    N.drew

I enjoyed your post No Room For George. The imagery is so peaceful!

FlyingHighNow the baby cakes is adorable!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

You are very much loved and appreciated Broken Promises

• caliber
    caliber

"The sound of silence"

And in the naked light I saw
    Ten thousand people, maybe more
    People talking without speaking
    People hearing without listening
    People writing songs that voices never share
    And no one dared
    Disturb the sound of silence

"Fools", said I, "You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you"
    But my words, like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed
    In the wells of silence

One of the loneliest place are large cities....thousands of people yet silence

So many people with leads to no communication you become as invisible....

thoughts are expressed as silent tear drops ...for noone dares to break "the sound of silence"

And the people bowed and prayed
    To the neon god they made
    And the sign flashed out its warning
    In the words that it was forming
    And the sign said, "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
    And tenement halls"
    And whispered in the sounds of silence

neon sign direct information and traffic lights

todays prophets are the warnings and message of frustration posted on subway walls .

communication on personal level is lost

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

The worst feeling is when you feel like your invisible to your own marriage mate.

HQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit