New one

by freshcrepes 30 Replies latest jw friends

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

Welcome. I am fortunate enough that most of my family and friends still talk to me, even though it isnt the same as it used to be. (I am not DF'd). I completly agree that Ray's books should be read by all witnesses, and even more importantly, by anyone considering baptism. Thanks for joining and sharing.

• freshcrepes
    freshcrepes

Hi James,

I'm not sure yet. At the moment, learning is my priority (so much to catch up on!) so I spend a lot of time reading. I'm not sure what a university education can give me except a certification confirming that I've learnt something. The information is more important than the certification to me at the moment. What do you think?

• freshcrepes
    freshcrepes

P.S. It wouldn't cause me any trouble.

• jam
    jam

Welcome Freshcrepes: You stated "I,m just viewed

as slightly peculiar". Well my friend that,s JW,s understanding

for someone who thinks logically. So you are in the company

of many peculiar people.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Welcome! Congratulations on not caving into the pressure to be baptized. You obviously were thinking things through more than your peers. All the best to you in love and life.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Welcome, I liked your first post.

I've read a lot as well over the years, and kind of used the "diploma's-just-a-piece-of-paper" rationalization for decades. But as I started to hone in on the subject that really interests me, I found I was ending up buying a bunch of expensive, academic/college textbooks--- and not getting any credit for reading them! So, now that I AM getting credit (just started U this fall) I see there's a lot more than just the reading. The lectures, the interaction with other students and professors --- it all adds up as knowledge you will never get on your own. So while I wouldn't recommend going to school if you're really not into it, don't rule it out as just a diploma. No matter what, find something you would love to do and do it.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Fresh Crepes. It's nice to meet you.

Don't feel out of place. There are a few of us Unwashed Class here.

Cheers

Chris

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• dog is god
    dog is god

I don't know why people give so much meaning to being baptized. It is a symbolic gesture. When you find out that everything you based your beliefs on was BS this symbolic gesture is reduced to nothing. Null. Void.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

Personally, I like fresh crepes smeared with Nutella. But I guess in this context, it would just sound weird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit