New one

by freshcrepes 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    I'm not sure what a university education can give me except a certification confirming that I've learnt something. The information is more important than the certification to me at the moment. What do you think?

It tells your potential employer that you undergone the necessary training/education to learn what your co-competitors for the job, have learnt.

The process of studying for a Dip/BA also teaches you to analyse information objectively. It sounds like you do this already, so attending a college or uni shouldn't be too troublesome for you.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome! Hope you sick around for a while.

• Wishididntknow
    Wishididntknow

Welcome...new here my self.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Welcome to the board freshcrepes.

You say:

I'm not sure what a university education can give me except a certification confirming that I've learnt something. The information is more important than the certification to me at the moment. What do you think?

Unfortunately its what the employer thinks that counts. I have moved to a country where a diploma is crucial to holding many positions on the employment ladder. I have just passed a university degree at 50 years old.

Fortunately, my employer sponsored me. It is only a piece of paper, but as my boss said, so is a driving licence.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

welcome freshcrepes,

great that you never took the plunge, I too held out, thinking one should never be pressured, sadly I gave in when I was 21 but same year I stopped field service & never to start again.

FSP

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome ! Can I be permitted to give two words of advice ? Firstly, do not be over polite when confronted by total nonsense from JW's, or they take it that you agree with them ! However, I like your compassion, it shows a good heart.

The second word of advice, do please give serious consideration to getting a University education as soon as you can, you have nothing to lose by doing so, and a whole new world of possibility opens up to you if you do.

The World is your Lobster. (See, if only I had got a UNi. education .......)

• kazar
    kazar

Hello and welcome!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome freshcrepes,you obviously have critical thinking ability

smiddy

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Welcome! I agree with the rest. Broaden your horizons, develop your brain even more.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit