Suicide - How many do you know within the JWs

by Lady Lee 234 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Does the death yesterday of the mother and her baby from Sydney Australia count as suicide or self-murder? Not to mention the tens of thousands of other JWs who otherwise would have lived if it wasn't for their refusal to accept medical treatment in the form of a blood transfusion or infusion of blood fractions. I mean if that isn't suicide or self-destruction...what the hell is????
  • mana11
    mana11

So many JW's are self destructive.

Probably why they are one of the highest groups on anti depressant drugs.

Dosent aply to the GB as they are winners, with a showy dispaly of lifes luxurys.

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

Is there more info about this somewhere?

That's about all I could find on it. However like I said I know from the inside source where she worked at. There would be people around that know more about it for sure.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Felt I needed to add yet another casualty to your list, so sad.

My brother in law committed suicide last Friday night. (the JW memorial)

He was never baptized but studied. I would describe him as a JW wannabe.
    He never felt good enough to be one, also he just couldn't make sense out of all the convoluted JW doctrines.

He had lots of other issues for sure, but I'm sure the shunning by the JW side of the family absolutely played a role.

RIP Robert

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Sorry for your loss moomanchu.
  • moomanchu
    moomanchu

Thank you,

Sparrowdown

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Moomanchu, I too am sorry for your loss!

This world is filled with too many instances of lives destroyed by this destructive cult.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" This world is filled with too many instances of lives destroyed by this destructive cult."

Very true.

There are even "hidden" suicides. I posted before about an old boy, well just 71 actually, who refused blood for an abdominal operation, survived a post-operative bad bleed, but because of the fear of another bleed, the Surgeon did not prescribe the usual blood thinning Meds that such patients would normally have after such surgery.

The Surgeon is not to blame, difficult choice. Send the guy home and he bleeds to death because he will not have a Transfusion ? or risk a blood clot which may never happen.

The old boy was sent home, and a day or so after, died of a blood clot. The Surgeon even said (this is the U.K)

"I think I made the wrong choice".

This is no different than suicide in my book.

• jdubsnub
    jdubsnub
    I personally know 3 separate cases. They're talk about so harshly afterwards. It's sickening.
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Phizzy says: "This is no different than suicide in my book "

I have to agree! Just learned of two brothers in two separate local congregations in 2014 who were diagnosed with blood disorders. Doctors assured both JWs that a blood transfusion would make a world of difference in their outcome. Both in their early fifties...both refused Doctors' orders and both died a couple of months apart.

If this isn't self-murder...what is? If this isn't premeditated self-murder what is? Apparently the Doctors and hospital staff had given both individuals fair warning of the outcome.

How many times throughout the world is this type of suicide being repeated time and time again among Jehovah's Witnesses annually?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit