He's Trying to get me to come back to the fold...by admitting the faults of the Watchtower

by PYRAMIDSCHEME 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

What if you emailed your elder friend:

Q1 - How many years have you been a "publisher of the good news"?

Q2 - What percentage of the time you are preaching, to someone who listens, do you share the "good news"?

Q3 - Would you agree that one cannot be preaching the correct "good news" if one does not even know what the "good news" is?

Q4 - Please tell me from your heart WHAT the "good news" is in one word.

(Next email: please tell me WHAT the "good news" is in one sentence and 1-3 paragraphs).

(Ironically the one-word answer appears several hundred times in the 2010 Watchtower library. Yes the "good news" although badly fragmented can be found and pieced together from the Watchtower library. However the full unabridged "good news" simply is not in the hearts or on the lips of Watchtower followers. This is by design of the "god of religion" who is an enemy of both Jesus and the "good news" about him).

There is no high-priest, saviour, deliverer/liberator, atoner/reconciler, restorer or mediator in the Watchtower followers' "good news".

There is no salvation, deliverance/liberation, atonement/reconciliation, justification (IMPUTED righteousness) or sanctification (IMPUTED holiness) in the Watchtower followers' "good news".

This is no accident or mere oversight - remember they call themselves "publishers of the good news". Some have published the Watchtower truncated and apostate version of the "good news" for several DECADES.

• Listener
    Listener

He has certainly put a lot of thought into his letter and I understand why you would want to reply to it. There are many sincere JWs and God reads hearts so he will judge them accordingly. It is true that many people don't delve deeper to come to a better knowledge and to make sure of all things. We are told to do this but some people either don't know how or don't have the inclination. Being spoon fed by the GB is so easy and many don't even know what they are eating. But we are individually responsible for what we consume.

He mentions a lot of 'apostacy' understandings but he failed to mention what I think (IMHO) to be the most important. The GB teaches that Jesus is not the mediator to all mankind. They teach that most JWs cannot be a part of the New Covenant. The GB have shut the Kingdom of God to many people.

He says

"Knowing them or not knowing them or having an accurate understanding of them have no bearing on our relationship with Jehovah or our salvation through the ransom sacrifice and survival in the new order....."

This statement goes against so much that the GB have printed in the magazines. There are numerous articles pointing out how important it is to accept the food from the GB and to be obediant to them. Why the meetings, why so much study, why is there no possibility of opposing views to that of the GB, why read the bible?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

You should ask him if he has ever spoken to an apostate, when he says no, ask him how he knows what they believe think and say....

He will reply I know via the society... then ask if he thinks the society ever talk to and engage with apostates...?

Tell him to think for himself, grow some bollocks and go talk to the scary apostates for himself so he will at lest know what they are saying. otherwise stop repeating spoon fed bullshit...(sorry)

ALSO IM NOT AN APOSTATE (relates to jews) IM A JW WORLD DESTROYER WITH THE INTENTION TO SEE ITS CULT BURN IN FLAMES.....I WANT ITS DEMISE LIKE I WANT PEANUT BUTTER RIGHT NOW....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!

Jeho-poo-pah Git-nesses are soooo dumb, how was i part of this !

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They pretend to make a major concession to get you back into the cancer. Then, once you are back in, they welsh on it.

• life is to short
  • Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Why is it that if you hear one apologist JW, you hear them all? Why am I not surprised that what your friend said is almost verbatim what someone told me?

It always boils down to the same argument. Where do you go? Anywhere but JW land my friend, anywhere.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

I read letters like that and continue to be amazed how JWs like him believe this crap. Especially when the GB at first credits Jehovah with having blessed them with understanding, and then in the future change their teachings, yet again, and then claim it was them who were over zealous in reaching a conclusion.

CoC

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

All good points.

@Listener: I think he has done some lurking around online, how much I am not sure. But the mediater question is a good one and I had planned on bringing that up to him. If you buy into Jesus and the ransom, then the GB's cutting off 99.9% of the JW's from that mediatorship is one of the biggest apostacys in the history of the Christian congregation.

@CoC: Another point I am going to make: Them blaming Jehovah for all their misunderstandings.

@Knowsnothing: Yep, same ole line over and over. Doesnt he know that I have already considered every argument he has given? Why do Jw's always think that when someone leaves because they stop beleiveing the WT line, it was an easy decision?One of the hardest things any witness has ever done is make the choice to leave.

@WTwizard: Exactly. Thats the modus operandi from the start. They do it with everyone they meet out in service.

• 2tone
    2tone

Since the elder found fault with the organization then he is causing a division. You should just turn him in for apostasy.

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

If he wasnt such a nice guy, maybe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit