He's Trying to get me to come back to the fold...by admitting the faults of the Watchtower

by PYRAMIDSCHEME 54 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Apostates right now are looking to a book called the Gentile Times Reconsidered as the next gospel, as it would indicate the date of the fall of Jerusalem being later than 607, which in turn would make null the chronology of 1914

What about secular historians? They have no vested interest in having a specific date for the destruction of Jerulasem. The Watchtower does have an extreme bias? Why shouldn't he consider an unbiased source rather than one that is extremely biased?

Now Christ was already in heaven. He had already been granted authority over everything in heaven and on earth. He was already presiding as head of the congregation.

Use his words against him here. If this is true, (he quotes it from Matt 28:18) then why any need at all for 1914? Jesus had already been given ALL AUTHORITY so the whole idea of 1914 is a steaming pile of doo-doo.

You could probably counterpoint him all day and all night long with that long winded e-mail, but I'm sure you already know that.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One thing JWS will try and substantiate themselves with is " We are the only organization that is preaching the true gospel to mankind "

In reality they are not preaching the true gospel of the bible, rather they are preaching the false gospel of prophetic charlatans. $$$

Has been that way from the very beginning of this organization and most likely will continue on so into the future.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Unless you want your friend to get on his high horse and say hurtful things to you, I would end the conversation.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Reading emails like this makes me sad...

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I recently spoke to an old pa via text from the JW's, he told me he had a public talk to prepare. I told him I would not cope with the responsibility of teaching 100 people + nowadays, it would take me forever to fact check everything.

He told me (walked right into) that this was not a problem, he used the thocratic literature and had no fear of the responsibility, for example he had just been fact checking the 70 weeks prophecy.. and the 607 date and he knew it "inside out."

I replied, "interesting!..." I had just been reading up on it for my brother, I reffered him to the Babylonian Chronicles, a historical tablet in the British museum called ABC 5 where it confirmed a later date.

He replied " i have to go to bed now."

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Doesn't the WTS believe that withholding the truth from those who have a right to know is deception? This elder is implying that he knows the Society is wrong about the issues he raised. If HE knows then surely THEY know yet no corrections or apologys are given. They are letting the flock continue to believe what they already know to be false.

Your friend omitted the blood issue. It appears the society is softening their stance yet not admitting their understanding has been wrong. Were the thousands who have died because they refused lifesaving blood being tested by Jehovah? Did holy spirit falsly direct the organization? Doesn't the Bible say God does not try people with evil things? Who does the Bible say is the father of the lie?

• Ding
    Ding

Very, very sad...

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Allow me my five cents worth. Even if JWs had God’s spirit to start off with, they don’t have it anymore. How often have we heard the words: “If you continue sinning, God withdraws his spirit”. Well, the leadership of JWs have committed some whoppers, e.g., joining the UN as NGO, condoning pedophilia, allowing sinning elders to carry on merrily, to name but a few. If we did any of that, we would be kicked out immediately. This is hypocrisy to an extreme degree.

Jesus said one must not judge harshly, for so you will be judged (Matt. 7:1, 2). They are quick to judge others, but have they repented from their sins? Not as far as I know. Their sins remain. So, what happened to the Israelites when they were unrepentant. As a nation they were destroyed twice. The holy place is certainly not in a “right condition” anymore. Not only will the preaching work come to an end, but as an organization they will be destroyed (cf. Dan. 8:13, 14; 12:7; Rev. 11:7).

Jesus inspected his father’s house at the beginning and at the end of his ministry. The apostle Peter also reminds Christians that God’s judgement will start at his own house (cf. 1 Pet. 4:17). That’s why God says: “I will make all things new” (Rev. 21:5). No earthly organization was worth saving, including that of the Witnesses. As individuals we will have have to render an account (Rom. 14:12). Only in the new heavens and earth will righteousness dwell (2 Pet. 3:13). Now we are very far from it. That goes for the Witnesses too.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Your friend should consider what the WTS says about other religions' false teaching and doctrinal errors - they are quick to "expose" them as apostates. They minimize the enormous contribution to society made by the churches of "Christendom" such as hospitals, schools and charity organisations to help the poor and needy regardless of their religion and race...and preserving the Bible until today. The WTS brags about their WW preaching work and the goods that come from it... 0.1% of the population qualifying for survival at Armaggedon can hardly be considered as a success...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I just read through that second to last paragraph again, dude has been reading (or at least knows the other side) of a lot of the issues! Seems to know almost all of the big issues, and a few of the smaller ones (oral sex, Rutherfraud, Revelation book whoppers, etc) Maybe he just doesn't know what to do with all that stuff floating around in his head...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit