He's Trying to get me to come back to the fold...by admitting the faults of the Watchtower

by PYRAMIDSCHEME 54 Replies latest jw friends

• sinis
    sinis

Your friend had religious ADHD and is all over the place - slinging shit hoping it sticks. I would end the conversation with the fact that he is a blind follower and the epitomy of Matthew 23:24 -

Blind guides! You strain your water so you won't accidentally swallow a gnat, but you swallow a camel!

Your friend is willing to swallow the camel - make excuses for all of the issues surrounding the JW's, but filter out the gnat - or criticize other religions or "apostates" for bringing these issues up. I would end the conversation - you have no chance of helping this person or even stating your side as they do not care...

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

This point really angers me. If you expect unquestioning 100% obedience. Then you better be right 100% of the time. And don't show me biblical examples. Once a GB member gets his own book of the Bible, then we can have that conversation.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Since he admits there are so many faults with their teachings/doctrines then WHY does he insist on obedience to the teachers?

Can you picture this in ANY OTHER AREA OF LIFE? Who would put up with it?

"Hey, I've got this great piano teacher you should try. Now I admit, she's not always right about everything she says, and she can't even play that well herself, and if you EVER question her or point out her shortcoming she will mercilessly berate you in front of her other students; but she has a lot of students that just LOVE her! So whaddya say? C'mon, give her a try!!!"

Evil Teacher!

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

That was the the thing that hit me the hardest was the double standard. All things he was wiling to forgive the WT but yet would use those same arguments against other religions to prove them false.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    That was the the thing that hit me the hardest was the double standard. All things he was wiling to forgive the WT but yet would use those same arguments against other religions to prove them false.

When we were indoctrinated, we were most likely the same way. Funny isn't it? The things we can see when the Watchtower goggles come off. Of course we will forgive the mistakes of God's Organization, His faithful and discreet slave, they don't really make mistakes, they just have misunderstandings because of their zeal, the truth just gets brighter.

• flipper
    flipper

PYRAMID SCHEME- " What other organization does this ? What other organization does that " ? I know this guy means well but he's totally deluded by mind control of the WT society. Same old argument that Jehovah's Witnesses are SPECIAL somehow that they do so many things better than other organizations ! Like he said " brotherly love " ? I had to cough up a hairball on that one.

You know if I were you I wouldn't waste time in trying to convince him of anything. It will just wear you out and just embolden him further into his cult psychosis. Just tell him " Thanks, I appreciate your concern , but I'm really doing quite well ! I'm very happy with my life. " And leave it at that

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What other organization is following Jesus' direction of preaching the good news in all the inhabited earth? What other organization teaches so predominately from the Bible? What other organization has displayed such a universal brotherly love and is so united worldwide? What other organization lives what they teach so much? Who else today would fill that role of the true wheat?

Don't ALL other religious organizations claim to be following Jesus and preaching the Gospel?

Don't ALL other Christian religious organizations claim to be teaching from (their interpretation) of the Bible?

Don't ALL other religious organizations have members who display brotherly love (food pantries, hospitals, charitible efforts) worldwide?

Don't ALL other religious organization have members who (try to) live what they teach (or what the believe the Bible teaches)? Some live it better than others, but isn't it that was in WT World too? Look at the multitude of divorces. Second largest issue of pedophiles (after the Catholic Church). How many JWs really live what they teach? How many selling their homes to evangelize? How many forgoing having children?

Don't ALL other religious organizations believe THEY are the WHEAT? Perhaps, the separating work hasn't really happened yet.

Blah Blah Blah . . . . He CANNOT backup any thing scripturally. It's all subjective. NO MORE EVIDENCE OF GOD'S BACKING (HOLY SPIRIT DIRECTION) than there is with ANY OTHER religious organization.

DOC

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

And really that is what it all boils down to. They are just another religion like all the others, who, like all the others, apply a double standard that they are good and all others are hated by God. Now I will grant that the JW's are far more militent about those things than other religions but the reality is is they have not proven themselves special, they only beleive they are.

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

APOSTATES are right about the WTS' wrongs

• Fernando
    Fernando

What other organization is following Jesus' direction of preaching the good news in all the inhabited earth?

This claim is patently false!

Why is it impossible to find a Watchtower follower with the "good news according to Paul" in their hearts and on their lips?

If one is ignorant of the "good news" how can one preach it?

More than half the Bible's 152-odd references to the "good news" are by Paul!

The "god of religion" is an enemy of the "God of Abraham" and clearly hates nothing more than the full "unabridged good news".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit