Welcome to the board.

Bangalore

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hi Kendall, welcome.

• kendall21
    kendall21

Thanks everyone :)

at the moment im just gonna hope its a phase and he snaps outta it himself.. and ill continue to educate myself in the mean time.. Im not gonna be sucked in.. that much I DO KNOW... :)

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

kendall21 wrote:

Im not gonna be sucked in.. that much I DO KNOW... :)

Continue to educate yourself, and keep your wits about you. Intelligent people can still get sucked into cults. There are many reasons why this happens. One of them is a moment of weakness. I was not a JW, but I consider myself to have been a victim of cult-like tactics by the born-again evangelicals when I was in college, vulnerable, idealistic, naive, emotionally underdeveloped, being impressed with love shown by others, etc. Cult recruiters can find the buttons to push. You seem strong enough to avoid being manipulated, but I still suggest allowing the possibility that they will try to exploit any weak spots you might have. We all have them, and groups like the JW's seek out those weak spots.

• Ding
    Ding

DON'T tell him the Watchtower is a cult and that he should discontinue studying with them.

If you do, you'll play right into their hands; your friend will think Satan is opposing him learning "the truth."

Instead, tell him that his interest has led you to check out some of the pros and cons of the Watchtower organization and encourage him to be open minded and check out both sides before investing his life in the Watchtower religion.

This is his chance to check it out, because if he decides to get baptized as a JW, he won't be allowed to read what critics have to say.

If he agrees to check things out, suggest that he read Crisis of Conscience all the way through.

If he's willing, have him check out www.jwfacts.com as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit