Did Jesus sacrifice really mean anything?

by highdose 83 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Never happened. But the barbaric story lacks any significant 'sacrifice'.

It's a pretty tired re-telling of the god-man myth, with an attempt to 'modernise' Jewish ritualistic sacrifice of animals.

• therevealer
    therevealer

And just in the nick of time - the latest watchtower accurately answers the question as only a spirit directed organization could. Not gonna get clear and accurate info from babylonish religion or apostates, no,no. But look, read and learn from the ones who not only have the latest (digital, I guess??) images of the man himself, but also have his dad talkin directly with them.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Sulla- Read: The Age Of Wonder, 17th and 18th century Science. If you haven't read about astronomer Caroline Herschel it is worth the time.

As soon as possible, Designs, given my intent to think only happy thoughts about The Enlightenment. I've been reading about the massacre in the Vendee perpetrated by those Sons of Enlightenment and I could use something to cleanse the palate.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Tec: SBC, what if this topic had absolutely nothing to do with Christ or God or christianity. What if it was just a theoretical discussion about various morality/justice and their pros and cons, in various cultures and time periods. Would you be approaching this subject with a different feeling if that were the case?

Absolutely. And by the same token, if JWs were just a secular group and had no ties to god or Christianity, I probably wouldn't be so vocal in opposing them either. But it is their claim to authority that makes them so potent. Without that claim, they would be powerless.

When a book, group, or person makes claims of special knowledge or connection to the "supreme power" in the universe, he/she/it/they deserve to be scrutinized accordlingly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit