SMART phones: I got my first iPhone

by Terry 35 Replies latest social entertainment

• Terry
    Terry

you will LUV your IPhone --- what a great daughter! Happy B/Day.

Thanks. I think all my kids (seven of them) are really wonderful people.

I told a friend of mine awhile back that kids are better than pets. Pets don't send birthday cards, hold your hair while you puke or buy your lunch for you. He thought I was kidding.

• finally awake
    finally awake

my coworker has an app that scans your store loyalty cards and then when you are at the cash register, you can just pull up the barcode on your phone and the cashier can scan it. much less hassle than having a key ring full of those little cards.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Hey, Terry!

I'm encouraged! If an old guy who just turned 65 can figure out how to use an iPhone, maybe there's hope for me! With no teenager at home anymore, I'd have to rely on reading the instruction book.

DOC

• cantleave
    cantleave

I love my iPhone 4, my contract runs out in August and I am seriously considering keeping and not upgrading (unless the iPhone 5 does a lot more).

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

t e rry

you have come of age finally

• lohengren
    lohengren

If you like music you should check out Shazam. Hold it up to the speakers/headphones and it will tell you the name of the song and the artist.

Probably my most used app.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I use my iPhone to trade stocks throughout the day no matter where I am at. The texting feature is really nice, and keeping up with personal e-mail and favorite websites is cool. I've not looked at JWN from it in a long time. I don't like it much as a phone.

I also carry a BlackBerry for work purposes. It contains my work e-mail and is used to contact me for work related stuff. IMO the iPhone is much better than the BlackBerry.

Think About It

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I can type in a destination and the phone already knows exactly where I am

Of course, a pessimist would say that this means Big Brother knows exactly where you are, too -

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

The iPhone is pretty slick. I mainly use my smartphone for email so for years I've been partial to BlackBerry.

A few months ago our contract came up and my wife and I upgraded. I went for the newest and best Blackberry and absolutely hated it. I tried to like it, but the interface was clunky and counter-intuitive. Some of the hardware buttons changed what they did from previous releases and while it had a touch screen, it couldn't decide on how it wanted you to input.

Sometimes you needed to click on something on screen, other times you'd be typing using the keyboard and then need to press a hardware button to continue.

Eventually I just returned it and got a new iPhone. I'm pretty pleased with it. I don't like how they try to "protect" you from using the free space as storage like a memory stick, but meh, not a major concern.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Good for you, Terry...and let's not forget that with all amazing features and apps, you can also use the iPhone to make and receive phone calls

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit