SMART phones: I got my first iPhone

by Terry 35 Replies latest social entertainment

• Terry
    Terry

The "free" phone I got (because my daughter works at the Apple store) is the 3GS. I'm 100% pleased.

Lately I've been reading about the fringe community of phone hackers. Yipes, amazing. Ever heard of "jailbreaking"? How abut Cydia?

I have to laugh when I watch YouTube videos on all the hacks these VERY young kids have figured out for their phones.

People are never satisfied with what a device can DO...they want to know what they can make it DO that it DOESNT. :)

Cydia - iPhone Hacks
    www.iphonehacks.com/cydia-app-store

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Hello Terry,

Until 3 years ago a phone was just a phone to me too...but now one of the perks I get from work is to use the latest Android smartphones...two weeks ago I got to play the new Samsung Galaxy Note with a 5.3 inch screen...quite larger than the Galaxy S2 I currently use. The note can almost be considered as a small tablet and it has a pen that allows you to write or draw directly to the screen to create digital documents of your notes. While in Las Vegas demonstrating the Note, I would bring up a map of the city, circle a specific location and trace directions to that meeting point. After saving the document, I would share it by e-mail or text message...real cool.

I know Apple fans are "religiously" faithfull to their iPhones and iPads...and much can be said for Android uses. Both systems have their strenghts, but in the end all that matters is that you are enjoying the advantages provided by these smartphones.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Hope you're enjoying your iphone Terry.

Just one thing to keep in mind if you're considering jailbreaking your iphone. It would void your AppleCare+, if thats indeed the extra coverage you opted to get.

If you're daughter has the AppleTV then you can also have some fun airplaying over pictures or content on your iphone to a big screen HDTV. It makes for some nice passtime with family.

• moshe
    moshe

In October 2002 I bought a $499 Treo 300 for Sprint network- $10 unlimited data plan. It was cool being the only guy I knew who could go online at work (nightshift) and have some fun. The battery only lasted 3-4 hours if you used a lot of Internet (I kept a spare charger at work)- The Blazer browser had a better user interface than many phones today. I would still be a Sprint customer, if they hadn't killed my $10 data plan last year- so I went to ATT and did a 5 iPhone phone family plan- did that salesman love me. My grown kids love their dad, too- we can do facetime with each other and the grandchildren. I am working out of town and I do facetime everynight with my wife and daughter. Enjoy your iphone, Terry.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Me and the wife just got a pair of Samsung Galaxy 4S's at the Sprint store by Ridgmar. These phones are incredible.

• Terry
    Terry

Moshe--that lady could do part time work as a defibrillator in the Emergency Ward!

I just found a Free App called Dragon Dictation!

Description

Dragon Dictation is an easy-to-use voice recognition application powered by Dragon® NaturallySpeaking® that allows you to easily speak and instantly see your text or email messages. In fact, it’s up to five (5) times faster than typing on the keyboard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit