Does anybody still believe in God and the Bible?

by tornapart 218 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

I think that Christ is the son of God who came to teach/show us Truth and set us free; and some powerful other people figured a way to use Him to teach people that THEY were the truth, to their advantage and the enslavery of people all over again.

I do not think anyone would become a martyr for a faith and a deity that they created themselvs, and therefore knew to be a lie. Speaking of the apostles; not of Constantine.

Peace,

Tammy

• N.drew
    N.drew

It is my opinion that one of the worst sins of all time was described at Matthew 28:11-15. It fits well the description of the love of money being the cause of many pains. The reason why is I suspect what people believe move them and transform them. When the lie was told about the body of the Messiah and put people's minds in doubt, it became the tradition to believe it. Then the fight was on proving it instead of living it. People wonder why the world is so bad for way too many people. Look to those soldiers that told that lie and the religious leaders that paid them to lie.

• TheWanderer
    TheWanderer

Without wanting to rehash all of the points of view previously mentioned, and just focus on the original question.. yes, I still believe in God. I tried another religion for a few months after leaving JWs, mostly for the social interactions I think... but it just wasn't for me. Still, I couldn't deny that there is something... God.. Divine influence... Karmic balance... that exists in life. I also believe, as a mere human being, the exact nature of it is out of the realm of my understanding, like color to a blind person.

I don't believe God is cruel or vengeful, I don't believe he's interested in punishing the people who don't believe in his methodology, nor do I believe he will punish those who don't find the One True Way man purports.

However, I do believe that the Bible is a sacred text, inspired by God, but I do not believe it is the only one. There is truth and spirituality to be found around the world in various cultures, and not JUST in the Western civilization's choice.

I also believe that spirituality should be the true pursuit of man, not religion. Religion is just a path in which humans try to help other humans find spirituality... but unfortunately, since religion is run by humans, its often bogged down with ceremony, ritual, dogma, and other distractions. Men find the power in leading religiously, and as the old quote said, "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." So for me, I'm just not interested in religion as a whole.... its fine for others, just not my thing.

What I did find comforting was studying Buddhist philosophy... it was like getting a second opinion on life or something.

To each their own, but I believe spirituality... the goodness of man, the reflection of God's image... is in every person if they seek it and pursue it in their lives.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Alright, I won't read all these pages. I will just jump in rudely.

The problem to believers with the reality that the Bible has been proven false and that science has proof of evolution and a completely different history for the planet than the Bible allows, is that such a reality is so IN-THEIR-FACES. It is like waking up to realize that "the truth" of Jehovah's Witnesses is a lie. For many, it's just too much.

God is a different issue, because you cannot prove a negative and declare that His nonexistence is a fact. But it is still IN-THEIR-FACES when it's clear that the God of a believer's mythology, like the Bible or the Quran or the Book of Mormon, doesn't exist as they believe.

I am confident that there is no God. If I am wrong, He/She/It is really letting me down in how He/She/It runs things, or else God is not as omnipotent as declared by people. Again, that's the God of believers' mythology.

• tornapart
    tornapart

At the end of the day we all have one eventuality. We all die. Maybe after we die we'll find out one way or the other. For those that don't believe anymore and it turns out they are right then no one will ever really know. But if those that do believe and they are right then everyone will know. LOL

Sorry for my out of the box thinking. It's just that whether we choose to believe or not it's important that we don't try and force someone else one way or the other to believe the same as we do. After all isn't that what we ALL rebelled against? Being told what we should believe and not believe?

FREEDOM... that's what it's all about. Freedom to choose, freedom to live, freedom to love.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I say that the only way to avoid being told what to think, is to learn to think - critically. Educate ourselves in how to challenge our own paradigms and ideas as well as those who wish to inpose thiers on us.

• tornapart
    tornapart

So right Cantleave! There is nothing worse than being told what you must think, what you must believe. So it's important to keep questioning ourselves and what we do believe and to feel happy with with our conclusions but still open to new thoughts and ideas. What I have seen on here so far is that everyone (or almost everyone) has started from the same place. Within the WTS... but everyone has been on their own voyage of discovery and everyone has ended up in a different place. Some similar but no one exact.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi everyone,

I almost wish I'd never done any research and never read crisis of conscience at least I thought that the new system would happen and I would get in a default by the main witnesses, and they would include me as second best. During my time associating with the witnesses I thought that I would never get to forty without the armageddon happening so didn't need to worry about a career or money now I am forty two without an established career or savings, and now without any great hope for the future, without my own effort, which at the moment I find tricky to get any motivation!

Things can only get better, so they tell me, but there again new Labour's anthem was that in 1997 and look at us now!

Keep calm and wait for the Annunaki, lol

Best Regards,

Star Tiger

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes I believe in GOD!!!! He helps me endure every day!!!! I believe Jesus is the ONLY way>>>Truth Life. ..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit