"Forks Over Knives" Documentary on Link between Disease & Diet

by skeeter1 29 Replies latest social physical

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I watched a 2011 Documentary called "Forks Over Knives".

It disucusses the link between our diet and disease. Both Dr. Oz & Dr. Gupta had positive things to say about it. So, I decided it would be worth my time.

IT WAS GREAT!!!!! I learned so much about the link between being disease free and a diet that mainly consists of whole foods, plant based diet.

The trailor is here

http://www.forksoverknives.com/

It's on Netflix over the internet if you are on it.

I liked it so much, that I ordered two for friends who are dealing with cancer & diabetes in their family.

Skeeter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Forks Over Knives - Official Trailer

ForksOverKnives Subscribe 10 videos 645,859 Show video statisticsI like this Like I dislike thisAdd to favorites or playlist Add to Share Flag as inappropriate

Uploaded by ForksOverKnives on Nov 18, 2010

http://www.forksoverknives.com/ | For showtimes, updates, newsletter sign up and more information.

The feature film Forks Over Knives examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting our present menu of animal-based and processed foods.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Sorry, I couldn't get it to link..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ijukNzlUg

• jaguarbass
  • Kahlua
    Kahlua

That video is outstanding. It made me look for more on the subject.

Here are some more excellent documentaries on Netflix I found worth watching -

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead The Gerson Miracle Food, Inc. Food Matters The Future of Food

Several months ago Dr Oz had T. Colin Campbell, PhD on his show. I was so interested I bought his book, The China Study. Also bought Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn Jr.'s book, Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease. I am now reading about the Gerson Therapy. To think Dr. Gerson testified before congress before I was born and he was silenced. I'm just now finding out all this stuff we should have known for 60+ years.
  • EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Dr. Oz and Gupta are so bad with e Oprah style pseudo science that they could claim water was wet and I would doubt it.

• cofty
    cofty

At 5 minutes in the video he says that all the fat in a burger etc goes straight into the blood and turns it thick and gloopy until the liver can clear it out.

Bullshit.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Bingo, cofty.

I was just reading up on Otzi, they have been doing tests on him. Turns out he had heart disease. He had been eating meat, fruits, berries and grains.

• cofty
    cofty

Of course diet does play a role in disease prevention but the poseur in the video is pretending he has discovered something profound.

We are omnivores, enjoy your bacon sandwich.

Sometimes people who take great care of themselves just get sick and the solution is drugs and/or surgery.

• Kahlua
    Kahlua

I think the doctor in the video above was being facetious about the fat going immediately into your blood. However, it does build up over time.

And, thanks jaguarbass for the link, that is an interesting video.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit