We know what Babylon means. What does Egypt mean?

by N.drew 69 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Quentin
    Quentin

So they say to refresh, feed, visit, comfort ect the brothers of Christ is to do it now. Of course it can mean now, but it really means them. They are dead, yes, but they are not dead when they are alive. By our responding favorably to what they have worked hard to do is to encourage them.

This gave me a headace....C.T. and Rutherford weren't madmen, or unhinged.......Freddie? different story....

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Egypt is referred to favourably at times in the Bible. It was where Joseph went to escape the famine, and where Jesus was taken to escape from Herod. In real life, the Egyptians were preferred over the Babylonians, and it was because the Israelites sought an alliance with Egypt that the Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem; not because of worshipping other gods, as the Bible erroneously recorded.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    This gave me a headace....C.T. and Rutherford weren't madmen, or unhinged.......Freddie? different story....

I don't know what that means, but it didn't give me a headache. What does Freddie have to do with it?

The will of God is that all men should be saved....

I think it really means want to be saved.

The least one of the brothers' of Christ have accomplished something to that end (in the end all men saved). You understand time is nothing? No? Stop reading then. OK. Is there anyone left? Oh well. So as problems arise in the saving department someone of Christ's Body has responded with help in the way of a road sign. But it's not a road sign, it's wisdom or discipline that if the hearer accepts will grant power for the changing of direction. (As in a blind man leading a blind man both will fall into a pit, but by "seeing" danger ahead, no falling into the pit).

If you had a vain job leading nowhere and accomplishing nothing, how would you feel? Unrefreshed. But in the illustration the Christ's brothers feel refreshed. (Do you understand that part?). You gave me some water, food, you visited me, all that means refreshment.

How does one refresh someone that has come before? By taking heed of what they did accomplish because they believed they had accomplished something and it turned out to be true! Their work was not in vain. Their work caused someone life. Sheep do that. They "listen" to wisdom and discipline therefore cause refreshment to the one from whom the wisdom came.

Take some aspirin. And thank you for reading my difficult posts!

• N.drew
    N.drew

I probably should have posted that on the sheep and goats thread.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Egypt from my point of view means to occupy one's self with death INSTEAD OF LIFE. Isn't it obvious? Earth is dying, is it not? People die. Even religion has abandoned humans on Earth forever, hasn't it? That is why religion has given birth to atheism, isn't it? Because it's stupid to live for one's death. It's illogical.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ancient Bubble-on..

Was a Land filled with Bubbles..

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/oleksiy/oleksiy1006/oleksiy100600075/7218903-fondo-transparente-de-las-pompas-de-jab-n--patr-n-de-textura-para-la-replicaci-n-continua-ver-m-s-fo.jpg

One day they Ran Out of Soap..

And..

Bubble-on was Destroyed!..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

religion has given birth to atheism? Ndrew - excuse me - atheism has always been in existence but I think it had a stronger presence in paganism than it did in Judeo-christianity. for example check out Critias approx 460-403 bce - he said "a wise and clever man invented fear (of the gods) for mortals" and Critias believed it was good for humans to believe in divinties because it deterred crime in society and was therefore a good invention for mankind. His argument was that the invention of the Gods served life not death provided one did not put religion in the serivce of another life leaving this one unattended. Now that would be death oriented - if one exclusively focused on another life and not on this one. Although with the exception of the WTS, most relgions do focus on making htis life a better place for society.

edit: slight interruption - Polybius 200-118 BCE and Lucretius and many others had similar ideas and went even further than Critias. They understood the utility of belief and this is perhaps an area where they diverged from present strong atheists who would like to see all relgion put in the lake of fire but even this is not death oriented as they wish to free people's minds from superstitions that get in the way of life.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Thank you soft+gentle

Modern religion especially the Watchtower is giving birth to atheism.

" His argument was that the invention of the Gods served life not death provided one did not put religion in the serivce of another life leaving this one unattended. "

"most relgions do focus on making this life a better place for society." But their "focus" is a point of view that it pleases God. I am sure it does, but not for everlasting life.

It is not an easy assignment to subdue the Earth and care for it like it should last forever.

(My faith says wow! Hydrogen? How hard would that be to get it from there to here? - Is a lack of gas all it takes for the sun to run out?)

Because it is not an easy thing to do humans have to pay attention to wisdom. But they are not doing that, are they? A few? yes. Enough? I think not. Why? Because of religion. Other things too, of course. But isn't it religion teaching not to worry? Isn't it religion that teaches be good, get a reward? That is not correct.

What is correct is be righteous, find the reward. No one can be righteous if their goal is death.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Especially can one not find the reward if their goal is someone else's death, per the Watchtower.

For someone not familiar with the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Jehovah's Witnesses, their doctrine dictates an end to wickedness first, then a righteous world. But only if you do it their way. You are wicked if you don't do it like them.

But the Bible actually teaches a finding righteousness, then an end to wickedness.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Good reflexion here. Thanks N. Drew for posting this. You may not have noticed, but you forced me to revisit this reference and make meaning of it as fulfilled prophecy. So I owe you one there. Thanks.

LX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit