Did you ever "feel" the holy spirt "apon you"?

by highdose 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

No

OBVES feels the holy Spirt.

Camping felt the Holly Splirt.

Me? I'd rather have a nice rum!

• finallysomepride
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

No, which caused a tremendous amount of guilt.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I often felt the effect of the spirit after elders meetings, as me and my mate went down the pub after for a wee dram!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Once, it didn't provide the direction I was expecting, two months later I finally joined this forum.

• trueblue
    trueblue

When I hear of them claiming the holy spirit guides them when going door to door makes me wonder then, "their holy spirit must be a mean SOB for following me to work." I did not know exactly who it was that followed me to my new job in a new town because I was out running arrends and come back to work and everyone looked as though they seen a ghost and finally the manager told me what happened and I was mad and was telling witnesses that I did not like that and usually they would say that they were just in the neighborhood and stopped by, but that can not be because there not a nieghborhood around there and beside the place where I was was fensed in and it was a mile journey to go all the way around to the back of the building where I was working. But I am a bad person for complaining, F them then and the holy spirit must be helping me to get rid of them then... so I can put food on my table.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I decided to take two weeks off from the KH when I moved away. I think the HS guided me NOT TO see the KH for the next two weeks till I gave up and decided not to look for it. After a few months I realized it was right on the main road I drove every day!!! HS indeed

• iarts
    iarts

No I didn't.

I'll add that near the end, I deliberately avoided praying at the field service groups. I didn't notice any difference - if anything, I was more successful (I guess I was more relaxed in the ministry as I didn't care anymore).

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I never did as a JW. When I prayed to Jesus, "I will never listen to those men again Lord, only to you." He started guiding me. I have felt His Spirit strongly at times when I needed it. I have some gifts of the Spirit as well.

I am not a Pentecostal, but I believe from my experience with them, some Pentecostal's fake the whole experience. Others really are granted gifts of the Spirit. In every group of Christians you will find some that are false and some that are true. JWs are not Christians.

I was surprised that not everyone has the same experience as me, but found this scripture was a good explanation.

1 Corinthians 12:4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. 6There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons. 7But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never felt anything. When I did get a sucker that was interested in the rags, I knew it was no different than anyone else that accepts any sales pitch, even while I was in the cancer. And there is no "need" for any holy spirit if you are going to every door--you are going to reach them regardless.

Nor did I find any holy spirit at the Kingdumb Hell. The teachings were printed right there, and whatever intelligence I had was enough to understand what it said. And now, I understand that, when I didn't understand something or it didn't make sense, it was done that way on purpose so people could feel helpless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit