Did you ever "feel" the holy spirt "apon you"?

by highdose 42 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

Some JW's claimed that when they were out door to door that they could feel the angels guiding them and jehovahs spirt apon them.

Others claimed this when having prayed felt a sense of calm afterwards

Self induced? Physcological suggestion?

Answers please

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

no, evening at baptism all i felt was wet

• JRK
    JRK

No.

JK

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I have been spirted upon many times, but it was never Holy, and never by Jehovah AFAIK, although I have screamed the occasional Hallelujah! And yes, I feel calm afterwards, and usually fall right to sleep.

Now I am wondering what Jehovah's Spirt would feel like. Would it be wet and viscous? Does he Spirt a lot, or is he more of a dribbler? Too many questions.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Nope.

Like Pentecostalists, there are JW's who are desperate to feel that 'indefinable thing' that shows they are uniquely approved by God.

It has a slightly hysterical tinge to it in my experience. All the dubs I've known that have been like this were women.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Ditto and nope. No, I don't think I have what it takes.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

I thought I did...nope, it was just gas...

• Azazel
    Azazel

Always thought something was wrong with me to have never felt the holy spirit. I used to feel like a hypocrite off the platform extolling how great the holy spirit is and how it can help us. I make myself sick thinking back to that

a close friend of mine is a Free Bible student in Germany and that he worships Jesus as the NT says and he has felt his life take on direction. He never felt that as a JW for 16 years! i hope i can feel that way one day , just gotta rid myself of the WTS doctrines. Damn cognitive dissonance!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Naughty OC

I believe prayer to be a form of meditation. Nothing more.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Az =

Always thought something was wrong with me to have never felt the holy spirit.

Yeah. Same here.

I wanted to feel the 'Holy Spirit' and could never understand how others could feel it yet I never have!

I have several thoughts on why I never have.

1. I felt it but thought it was something else.
    2. God hates me.
    3. God doesn't exist and neither does the 'Holy Spirit'.
    4. Others are just deluded or suffering from hallucinations.
    5. Others are outright liars and say it for their own ends or 'theocratic warfare strategy'(TM).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit