Did you ever "feel" the holy spirt "apon you"?

by highdose 42 Replies latest jw friends

• justmom
    justmom

Inside I thought I did cause thats what they say... that only the true worshipers would have it, but I was confused because they taught that only the annointed 'really' can be filled with holy spirit.

but now that I understand that holy spirit is a free gift to anyone that asks in faith, i understand that it had been calling me ("many invited few chosen") for many years. I chose not to hear because i trusted everythimg came through the WTBS.

I know now that Jah and his son had been looking out and protecting me on many occasions that I didn't even know about, some of them til now and at the same time allowing me to go through certain trials and tribulations inside because of my faith and choices in the organization and not really in THEM at the time.

I cannot speak personally for all the so-called annointed that partake inside the org. as to what motivates them to partake at memorial but as to some even most holy spirit is working with them (they are being called).....called to come out as Revelation 18:4 states, "Get OUT of her MY people if you do not want to share in her sins." By remaining inside they remain harlots because you cannot have or be joined to two masters , The WTBS and CHRIST. It isn't until they leave , "quit touching what is unclean' that the Son can take them in as His.

So....some may be feeling or hearing holy spirit....but what will they do about it?

justathought

justmom

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That claim of spirit-direction is what helped me on the path to leaving the Borg. I had told some friends what I thought of the local body of elders' idiotic decision about something and I was soon brought in the back room and told all about how not only does holy spirit direct the body, Jesus Christ HIMSELF does, too. I knew it was bullshit because I knew they made a WRONG decision, which Jesus and the HS would never do.

That was the chink in the armor. I thereafter allowed myself to research and read ANYthing about the WT and the rest is history. I was out within three years.

As for personally feeling it, early in my exodus, while I was working on helping my wife and daughter and planning a fade, I was still very spiritual and thought I felt the holy spirit a couple times. Looking back, I am still not sure what it was but I lean toward a psychological phenomenon more than anything from outside of me. Whatever it was, I know it was NOT the HS as represented by the WTBTS.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

No....there are some emotional dubs (dare I say inevitably 'sisters') who claim to feel the spirit guiding them. They are the sort who discuss everything in prayer and treat God like a best friend who never gets bored with their constant rabbiting on...

There are also elders who talk about it but they are just B/S merchants who use the phrase to justify their own chosen course... I recall when a Kingdom Hall purchase was agreed, it was "because the spirit moved them"...When they hit financial problems due to poor planning, they trusted in the spirit direction and when they came through the bad patch they said "see how God's spirit works " even if it seems like the wrong thing to do.....

• tec
    tec

Justmom... good 'justathought' :)

I agree with what you shared.

In fact, when I read Punk's list the page before, I would guess that number one is probably the most likely of all his reasons. (Though there are a lot of fakers around too - as per his 4 and 5) Just a guess though. I can't speak for him. But there are more than one witness account stating that those who hear, heard long before they actually recognized who they were hearing.

Peace,

Tammy

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I do feel what I term the Holy Spirit occasionally. Of course, it is not 100% Holy Spirit. It could be denial. Sometimes I believe Jesus exists; other times I doubt it very much. It is changeable with me. I never felt it with the Witnesses.

I don't know how the Holy Spirit operates, if it does. Besides auditory hallucinations, I don't understand it. If I were Chinese, I might feel some spiritual force but not Holy Spirit. I grew up in a very diverse religious environment. All I can say is that Christianity is part of my tradition. I was very certain as a child. When I left the Witnesses I eventually became Anglican. I spoke iwth one of the first female priests whether I should be confirmed b/c I had no certainty. She basically said that everyone changes as they grow up. I struggle.

• flipper
    flipper

" Did you ever " feel " the holy spirit " upon you " ? " Yes indeed. After I exited the Jehovah's Witness cult

• illoowy
    illoowy

Yes. The more so as I fell away from believing the un-Truth of the WTS.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I personally believe that God was calling to me but I had not received the Holy Spirit as confirmation of belonging to Christ until later.

My husband's story is similar to justmom in that he didn't feel condemned before we were Christians.

Neither of us were baptized in Holy Spirit until after we were saved and had accepted certain truths about Christ. Definitely not while believing the JW lie.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Did you ever "feel" the holy spirt "apon you"?

Yes, the last time I did an unselfish thing for someone I knew or some little kindness to a stranger. When I was in the arms of somebody who loved me. When I truly loved somebody more than myself. When I feel pity and empathize with those less fortunate than I. When I ease someone who is hurting. When I fight that which is untrue or unjust. When I do the "right" thing. When I feel I am a part of something greater than myself, that is, humanity.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I forgot to say that Cornelius was called by God before receiving Holy Spirit. In other words, being called was not the same as having the Spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit