Apostates are to be "LOATHED"...

by Lied2NoMore 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Growing up, I was given the impression that apostates were Jehovah's Witnesses who wanted to do something prohibitted by the Bible/Watch Tower Society or who felt it was unnecessary to go out in field service. They would find scriptures to back up their beliefs and express their opinions openly.

Now, my impression is that those person called "apostates" by Jehovah's Witnesses are persons who have found information that exposes the holes in the doctrines of the Watch Tower Society as well as exposes the religion for what it really is. Because of this, the Watch Tower Society must protect the flock is fleeces by having such enlightened ones shunned. Thousands of Bethelites are depending on your contributions.

• steve2
    steve2

You are correct. That would be surprising. No one (including myself) can come to an understanding of what was going on in the OT without Christ as their teacher.

Um, I beg to differ. What was going on in the OT was the norm for that time and an indication of the primitive mind set of humans at that time. Human rights were non-existent and the emphasis was on group collectives in which you simply did what you were commanded to do - even if it violated other people's lives. Read the book of Jeremiah for examples of how the so-called "True" god ordered his people to mow down every living human in the Promised Land, including children. If your Christ could explain genocide, I'd be surprised!

BTW, handing your thinking powers over to another being to explain the purpose of human atrocities is a very human tendency. it has happened throughout history. Without religion, people are usually shocked by other people's behaviour. With religion, the tolerance for atrocities grows because it is allegedly some "god's" will.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I was immediately more loving and less judgmental upon accepting Christ alone to lead me, so I will happily continue as I am.

• trueblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit