Apostates are to be "LOATHED"...

by Lied2NoMore 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

(Psalm

139:21-22)21 Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, And do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? 22 With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies.

Also said we should never question GB or anyone God has put in charge...(GAG)

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

They always said that those who leave,especially apostates,are siding with Satan.

And that the only way to be obedient to God is to not question them.

We just have to take their word for it and do what they say.

I always thought of Circuit Assemblies as a big sales pitch to pioneer. It all sounded made up and phoney. And I would usually leave feeling like crap.

By the way,speaking of the new credit card machines,the two zone meetings at the Assembly Hall this past fall raised 2 million dollars. That is only one assembly hall. Hmmmm,I wonder if they will have zone meetings more often now.

• trueblue
    trueblue

I was just thinking, is it not the book of Psalm is in the old testamate and is it that the old testamate was under the mosaic law, and we were lifted from the mosaic law or the mosaic law does not apply any more with the ransom sacrefice Jesus Christ.

This is what Jesus said according to their own translation of the holy scriptures...

Mathew 43 “Y OU heard that it was said, ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to YOU : Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU ; 45 that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. 46 For if YOU love those loving YOU , what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47 And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? 48 Y OU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR heavenly Father is perfect.

• trueblue
    trueblue

Oh I guess it doesn't apply to them, I forgot that they are not perfect...

• trueblue
    trueblue

I guess if they want to be that way about it than we have no choice but to just let them go their merry way.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

No more fear and loathing just call us the merry pranksters from now on

• steve2
    steve2

trueblue - it doesn't matter whether Psalms is part of a "law system" that has or has not passed away. Just as the convert Paul fondly quoted rabid texts to support his legalistic approach to organizing Christianity so too do the JWs. The Bible is a rich source of vengefully hate-ridden sentiments, leavened occasionally by some squishy love-laced texts.

I think that it is hate-prone religious groups who are in fact closer to the Bible's core "message" than those groups who overly focus on modern love-lorn interpretations of scripture. That's not surprising, given that Christianity itself is based on a violent method of blood sacrifice.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

They always said that those who leave,especially apostates,are siding with Satan.

And that the only way to be obedient to God is to not question them.

Of course this is implied to solidify their acquired power.

Likewise people who oppose the doctrines of the Mormon church and their Governing Body

those apostates are subjectively demeaned and demonised.

Although I'm not sure they label them as being mentally diseased.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Shouldn't the WTS. leaders be loathed for lying and deceiving people in acquiring their designated power ?

I just don't loath these people, I find them both disgusting and disturbing.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder which head of the hydra that started this family of religions is supposed to loathe all the other heads. As I remember, the whole religious structure was started in the 1830s, where they discussed when the end was coming. The first group to come along was technically the head of that religion, and all other groups that splintered off are "apostates". This includes the small group that decided to settle the argument in 1872 by saying that it's 1874.

From that, there are other splinter groups. Russell started one of those splinter groups (the others became known as Adventists). Then, once Russell died, an apostate by the name of Joseph Rutherford "Boozerford" tampered with the religion. He instituted bans on Christmas and most holidays, did away with the use of the cross, and instituted mandatory field circus (and lots of it--60 hours a month for a regular publisher). To me, that is the apostate that we should really loathe, not people like Raymond Franz who were only trying to bring the religion back to the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit