Apostates are to be "LOATHED"...

by Lied2NoMore 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Apostates are becoming more of a focus in their articles.

I don't mind that, it means that we are having an increasing impact on them. It also makes us the forbidden fruit and we know how well that worked for God in Eden.

• shamus100
    shamus100

If it weren't for the boogieman nobody would be left in the jobie nitwit 'religion'. ;)

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

tell him his final talk had such an impact on me I tore out Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of solomon out of my Bible cause those books were written by an apostate. Then watch his face.

Nice.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

The Bible is a rich source of vengefully hate-ridden sentiments, leavened occasionally by some squishy love-laced texts.

I completely disagree. If you look at the NT in context, both in the Bible book and the historic context of the writing then you can't use the NT in a legalistic way. Reading the NT all the way through rather than a verse here and there puts things into perspective with messages of love and freedom. The key is understanding the purpose of the OT.

The purpose of the Bible is to lead one to Christ. Those that have that connection directly with Christ do not focus on the legalistic, hate-filled messages in their ministry. Those who have a direct connection with Christ do not let men affect them with legalistic hate filled messages.

• sabastious
  • steve2
    steve2
    The key is understanding the purpose of the OT.

That you can put a positive spin of such a allegedly "god"-inspired violent collection of assorted writings called the Old Testament is perhaps not surprising - believers in almost any system can see the "good" in it much more than they can see the bad. It's the same for believers in the Koran, the book of Mormon and assorted other writings, including those of the Watchtower.

Believers are usually blind to the bad or go out of their way to justify it. As I said, it's not surprsing.

However, that you would expect others on this forum to be convinced that there was a divine purpose in the Jehovian genocidal rages of the OT, its divinely sanctioned mistreatment of women and the tacit approval of Abraham's willingness to kill his son if so ordered by God and the primitive portrayal of the supposed "One true God" as an unhinged jealous superbeing is surprising.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

However, that you would expect others on this forum to be convinced that there was a divine purpose in the Jehovian genocidal rages of the OT, its divinely sanctioned mistreatment of women and the tacit approval of Abraham's willingness to kill his son if so ordered by God and the primitive portrayal of the supposed "One true God" as an unhinged jealous superbeing is surprising.

You are correct. That would be surprising. No one (including myself) can come to an understanding of what was going on in the OT without Christ as their teacher.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Fear and Loathing at the Kingdom Hall: God's Bomb Shelter Running Low on Supplies and Critical Thinking.

Bat country indeed.

• man oh man
    man oh man

what I like about this forum is that everyone is allowed there opinion and we can all get along regardless.(well for the most part) But the watchtower can't allow for such and so they loathe those that do not think like them.

I think the fact that believers and unbelievers can respect one another and yet the wt only respects there own should be telling enough.

So i would say that anyone that loathes another is the guilty party!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Lied2nomore:

Language like this just makes them sound like extremists. When I left the Catholic church and became a JW many years ago, I could have been considered an "apostate" by the church as well. The JWs should realize they are not the only religion that uses the word "apostate". So, it has no effect on me.

All this talk about hating so-called "apostates" just stirs up certain ignorant JWs to amp-up their shunning routine (which they are in love with). Even when I was an active JW, there were certain judgmental ones who were stand-offish. So, let the religion go ahead and loathe ex-members who just wanted to get the hell out of there. All that hatred has to be bad for somebody's health, don't you think?

There are many ex-JWs who have far MORE reason to loathe the religion because of the damage done to them but they realize their energy is better spent on getting on with their lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit