Call to legal department Jan 6, 2012

by koolaid-man 65 Replies latest jw friends

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

diamondiz is right. I would get some legal advice on what the best steps are to 1) rid yourself of the WT completely, and 2) how to force your wife to allow you to see the kids. Don't call the legal department WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY, and talk to a guy about some law you think they have violated. Jesus H Christ on a cracker. Go in with all legal guns blazing, and don't tip them off to anything. If you file suit about anything, they will find out soon enough when they get a summons.

MeanMrMustard

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

The man at Brooklyn sounded so condescending and insincere. He may well have told Dale to "Go wash your hands and then have a cookie and everything will be better."

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

The WTBTS knows the congregations are full of mentally-ill and mentally-challenged people with no money, self worth, will to fight, or access to legal representation. They also know the US courts turn a blind eye to all but the most obvious and horrific acts, so long as they fall under "religion".

Meanwhile, the Watchtower has virtually bottomless pockets and a huge stable of lawyers who believe they're doing God's work by protecting the assets of a printing company. The man comes right out and admits he has no money, no attorney, and a mental problem. Sure, one common symptom of Asperger's is being analytic, but so is being aloof and cold. See how that might come into play in family court?

Show me one JW who won't lie through their teeth to protect Mother. The legal department knows they have nothing to worry about in a situation like this, because the JW will say whatever they have to to place all the blame on the mentally-diseased, demonic, apostate antichrist they were once married to and deflect it away from God's sole means of communication to the 7M+ true Christians. For crying out loud, JWs will sacrifice their lives and the lives of their children over whatever the last Watchtower said.

More saber rattling and sensationalism from ex-JWs who aren't going to do anything. The Society has millions (or billions) in assets, huge amounts of legal clout, will say and do anything to protect its interests, and has spent vast time and energy laying the groundwork to marginalize people who oppose it.

Like all cowardly bullies, the Watchtower won't pick fights it isn't sure it can win. I personally know people who will never be DFed because they know too much and have too much dirt on high-ups. Probably the only reason Ray Franz, et al, were thrown out is because the WTBTS was already suffering over 1975. All who would leave already had, so the brass figured it was a good time to clean house of any who dare speak out. What more harm could come?

Now, we have "overlapping generations", the UN NGO thing, the lid blown off of molestation cover-ups, a case where the Society lawyer denies the existence of the FDS, blood fractions, Harold Camping stirring the fire on false prophets, all the blatant power grabs in recent literature, etc... You think there aren't dissenters in Bethel with all this going on? But there is no clear window of opportunity to oust them, wholesale. Instead, they're weeded out one-by-one, since there's an inexplicable glut of volunteers to become uber cult members at the slave camp printing facilities. I guess if your dream is to mop floors for "Jehovah" for the rest of your pathetic, impoverished life, Brooklyn is as good as anywhere.

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Great post WontLeave, People can connect with it. Thank you.

• Violia
    Violia

This is heartbreaking video. Has anyone posted if we can donate? I don't' have a lot, but he needs help, therapy and friends.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I just checked some other videos by Dale and I'm just wondering if this guy is really someone who's wife is leaving him because wts created the atmosphere of hating apostates or is he connected to koolaind-man and johnny in some way. Maybe I'm too skeptical especially of anything koolaid-man posts but looking at dates of some videos and facial expressions (if anyone seen Alex Jones you'll know what I mean) I'm just wondering if the video we've been presented at the beginning of the thread is a pure act on part of dale?

video from Nov 8, and OP video just didn't sit well with me for some reason when compared to OP video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LODV0h5I-WI&list=UULQ67-s73fLehuDU1IiXjmQ&index=3&feature=plcp

check out this next video, clip time 1:01-1:11 almost sounds like something koolaid-man would say. Possibly warrants put out for GB members???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTh8leRCMoI&list=UULQ67-s73fLehuDU1IiXjmQ&index=5&feature=plcp

I usually don't post on Koolaid-man's threads for obvious reasons so maybe I'm just too skeptical of this whole thread as well, now that I looked at some of Dale's videos. While I don't find much wrong with what he is saying just the way it's presented and with Johnny-the-BS-Bethelite being mentioned in this video at 0:20 with a story that follows. I'm just wondering if Rick posted the video to try to take the heat off himself for long enough to post another johnny BS Bethelite thread few days after. Just saying....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThYUp5aQcRs&list=UULQ67-s73fLehuDU1IiXjmQ&index=1&feature=plcp

• Diest
    Diest

I feel bad for the guy, but he definately sound nutty in the 2nd vid. Less impressed than I was.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

its amazing, at almost every convention and assembly they go off about how god hates divorce, and elders are always encouraging a abused spouse to stay with the abuser. they always go off about you can only get a scriptual divorce if there has been adultery, BUT what is never talked about is the little loop hole, and that is not only can you get a divorce if the mate is labeled "apostate" the elders many times will strongly encourage it. and many times the jw spouse forcing the divorce has someone in the congregation lined up to re-marry. and of course the elders grant the "scriptual divorce" since the other spouse is an "apostate", so of course and apostate is going to have already commited adultery in their minds.

to any person on this forum or on youtube like dale, here is my 2 cents. you are at war, if you want to be or not. your wife under these circumstances is a threat to your children. you MUST fight for your children. even if you (not dale, but anyone) feel worthless as a husband or wife, and feel like giving up, you still have to fight for the sake of the kids. just because you may feel worthless, your kids need a father/mother in their lives, and its never a lost cause with kids. you can reach kids, you have many years before they are adults. and you have something the JW spouse will never have, and its a key in this whole thing. and that is uncondional love. the is the most powerful weapon you can have. if you consistanly show your kids unconditional love, even if right now they arent sure about you or think you are evil, they will always remember that as they grow up. so go to war for your kids. keep the kids out of the battle field as much as you can. good luck.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

it happens altho the community standard is that divorce is wrong. Religious women cannot divorce and remarry. The estranged husband must issue a decree that he divorces her in a religous sense. I dated a secular Jew who refused to give his ex-wife a religous divorce. Under strict Jewish law, she could not build a new life. They had been divorced about 10 years. A friend of mine was so outrageoused she saw the Jewish chaplain. He said it worked well when Jews lived in ghettos. Men would shun both the husband and his business. No Jew could survive without community support. He works very poorly in today's circumstances.

I read that an org. in NY targets men who refuse to give divorce decrees. Billboard ads are pasted on major highway corridors; pickets show up at home and business. This man could not care less about religious marriage. He figured it was $40-50,000. to him b/c she was in an inferior bargaining position.

• johnnyc
    johnnyc

yeah, this is too bad.

Dale, please take a breath and try to relax. Its obvious you are hurt and not sure what you should do, but you need to balance that out with looking outside anything having to do with the ORG - bad or good. Sometimes trying to focus all the energy back AT the ORG can be as unrewarding as when your energy went INTO the ORG. The GB and ORG are protected by a host of laws in the US that protect them. I can tell you are on the verg of snapping, but you need to get some friendships going with people that have nothing to do with being a JW. Before attacking anything you need to get yourself centered.

Take care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit