Call to legal department Jan 6, 2012

by koolaid-man 65 Replies latest jw friends

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Troubled former witness calls legal department at The Watchtower Organization.............

Dale Beckman says, can the "Society" be guilty of "alienation of affection?" In my case, my family has been told it is proper to hate me and to do nothing to help me in any way - Otherwise, they could be considered a sharer in my works of "unforgivable sin." They are told not to even greet me. So how is a wife or daughter to show love to their father or husband? My wife is divorcing me on "mental cruelty" and so far the court has sided with her. Basically, if one spouse changes their view on any subject and it causes the other distress, it can be considered "mental cruelty" in Illinois. And my wife wants alimony. If she does not drop the divorce, I will sue all parties involved that helped instill fear in her of me.
    It should be interesting to see if this goes through. Because I will be paid by the "Society" and then with that money, I will pay my wife. They will actually be paying for their teachings. But they should smile! At least they are "protecting" their members! And they may end up paying my wife (thru me) for her believing their teachings about me and in turn to fear and leave me and divorcing me!
    I would rather just not have the divorce because I believe she will wake up eventually and I care for her. But she is taught not to listen to me. So what am I to do? I am trying to allow her the most time to "wake up." But things are not looking too good.
    If this does happen, it may help set precedent to allow ones harmed by the teachings of the "Watchtower" to sue - Especially if their family endured hardship or broke up. It may also cause a change of some doctrines of the "Watchtower." They do not listen to Jehovah - Perhaps they will listen to money.
    (I mention that I am currently looking for work - that is true - but I will find something and I am not looking for handouts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Fqi4n93Fg&feature=youtu.be

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Rick, this is a good opening post. Now don't follow thru with some self peomotion to call in to Fake Bethelite Johnny.

Thanks for sharing without being a shill.

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Thank you OnTheWayOut, I am working on calming things down.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Just another sad and unfortunate case of a guy waking up and realizing he's associated himself with a dangerous

and damaging religious cult who are quite corrupt in protecting the power they've acquired for themselves.

Especially disheartening when families are involved, I hope all the best for the guy in these trying times.

The point being that he is not the deceiving liar they are and they will always be.

Unfortunately big lies have always made big religions.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

good for you, kool aid man.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

that is some scary stuff ... makes one reconsider whether or not it is worth the hastle leaving ... I wonder how many Witnesses remain simply to avoid this conflict ... damn

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Once you realise there is a con, the safest thing to do is walk away slowly with your hands on your wallet with your eyes on the con men until far enough away that they can't see you. DON'T walk up to the con men that have puppet mastery over your loved ones, family and friends and say with pointed finger "you're a con man!" now they have to remove you from influence, they don't want you wandering around unblinfolding the marks.

If this factory really was gods chosen channel, you would be showered with love not legal jargon, you would be asked to embrace open arms, not face closed doors aside from a legal department.

It may be painful to see behind the curtain in Oz, but be grateful for the extra seconds, minutes, days, weeks, months, years you saved giving your all to a con.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I love how the person at WT tries to play it with a somewhat liberal attitude. You know when he hung up the phone he probably ragged on this poor guy big-time to whoever was across the cubical from him for being a weirdo.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Dale, in the video, says the CO remarked that you don't do anything to help an apostate; if it's pouring rain you don't let them in, you do not greet them, etc.

This reminds me a a remark a CO made concerning DF'd people (not just apostates) years ago. He said, if you see a DF'd person stranded by the side of the road you keep going. Let someone else help them.

What a horrible attitude toward a fellow human being. And what is it really for? To protect a human based religous organization. The love of God and love of humanity that the religion claims to have is merely lip service.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

A question here.

How can the wife get a divorce on the grounds of mental cruelty? It may be legal grouinds, but it isn't scriptural grounds, for a divorce.

If there is no adultery, then only a legal separation would be in order from the JW point of view. Am I right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit