Hello Everyone :-)

by new one 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Flicka
    Flicka

Hi Chris and welcome.

I've only been part of JWN for a few days now. My husband and I grew up as JW's and are baptized.

We haven't been to a meeting the past few months due to realizing the actual "Truth".

I hope you enjoy it here, this site has been a great help to us.

Flicka

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Welcome, Chris! We are all glad you were wise enough to investigate before your commitment. We are also glad the internet is making it easier for people to learn the facts about the religion. Enjoy the forum and the rest of your life!

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Welcome Chris, sounds like you dodged a bullet. Glad you escaped in time with your ability to think for yourself . NMKA

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

phew chris.......you escaped!

snare & racket lol loved this : Current JWs are just potential bitter ex JWs! If I get DF in absentee (which has been happening like crazy around here latley? wtf?) I will make a bummper sticker for my car (small town) that reads "You are just one google search away from being an Apostate Too!"

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Welcome, interesting story. Glad you've been helped!

00DAD

• mouthy
    mouthy

A very big welcome ...... keep it up from Granny Mouthy

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi new one. You are proof that very often our gut feel can be trusted. It also didn't hurt that you did your own internet research -- which that elder obviously didn't like.

The very next study he turned up with the Cd Rom and "Encouraged" me to use that to do my research as the Internet was full of bitter ex Jw's and nothing could be trusted.

Ha! That's a good one. Hey -- if you still have that Watchtower Library CD (I hope you hung on to it) you may want to check out THE GREAT WATCHTOWER CONTRADICTION, a free online essay which has some 20 (very embarrasing) quotations from that CD. It's an 11 minute read and next time someone calls you'll even be better prepared.

Len

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome Chris.

Enjoy your life without a cult stifling who are you really are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit