Hello Everyone :-)

by new one 37 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Chris, it's really nice to have you here. Welcome to freedom of mind and open discussions ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• new one
    new one

Thank you all very much for warm welcome :-) I really enjoying visiting this forum and not only because I've been slightly involved the the Jw's, I enjoy many of the topics here. This forum just has a very warm atomsphere about it. I'm still prety religious and I know some here arn't anymore which is understandle, but I also enjoy science in paticular I spend alot of time reading about Nikola Tesla, that's why I enjoy this forum so much, the topics can be so varied. I find it's not just for ex Jw's it's a good place for discussion full stop.

Anyway thanks again

Chris.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome Chris, and thank you for your experience. It is great to hear that the internet is helping people like you before getting too involved and preventing all the trauma of leaving at a later stage.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Welcome!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

In honesty, I would say we are somewhat all bitter. I left of my own accord I was not removed. I feel bitter. Current JWs are just potential bitter ex JWs.

If your bank defrauded you, and you left and complained, the fact you were bitter would not be relevant. The information regarding the fraud is the important issue.

Of course I'm bitter. Door knocking and free labour for 10 years. But he important question is WHY are we so angry?

Deceit

Lies

Fraud

Damage to people's lives

Welcome to the forum, well done for dodging a bullet with your name on it x

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Glad to know we are helping lurkers.

A suggestion. Why not pick two or three members whose posts have meant the most to you and send them a PM?

• tec
    tec

Welcome Chris.

I also had to stop my study; one that I had been doing for two years. I asked for time to think and study on my own, and I did not return. I ignored the warning signs though. I didn't think about those until later. I left because of what becomeing a witness was doing to ME... making me judgmental. Also I couldn't be part of something once I realized that most of my loved ones would (according to their teachings) die at Armageddon, if it happened during their lives and they did not accept the WTS as truth, and not receive a resurrection because of that.

Peace to you,

Tammy

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Chris you said: "So I explained to him that I'd being doing research on line as I felt choosing a religion for life deserved a lot of thought and, well checking things out."

Excellent reasoning. More and more JWs are beginning to feel the same way.

Welcome!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome!

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Welcome to the forums! It's great to have you aboard

Congrats on spotting the warning signs and getting out before you got dunked. Trust me (and a lot of us here), once you take the plunge, it's near impossible to leave and still save face.

I was thinking as I was reading your opening post...is it possible for you to discuss your findings with your mother? That way if she got a bee in her bonnet to study with the JW's in the future, she would be well aware of the facts beforehand. Just a thought. If you have an open and honest relationship with her, it might be worth addressing.

Again, a very warm welcome to you. You are proof that, although they may be silently watching, there are those who come here and are helped by what we type day in and day out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit