Pros about being a jehovah's witness

by raxxxx 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

they do not smoke. they do not smell bad because they do not smoke and I did not get second hand smoke from them.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The only thing I can think of is dead certainty but I was a born-in child. The certainty disappeared by junior high school. I loved my friends and extended family. No decent God would destroy them. My faith is uncertain now but then I am a mature adult with experience in the world.

The other thing is specific to me. I was a voracious reader with superb concentration. We had no books at home to read. Only WT lit, the National Geo., and Reader's Digest. The other kids in my class had no books, too. I had a slight advantage in elementar school from Awake magazine and knowing something of ancient civilization. It was only a smidegon and when we could access the public library by ourselves, my advantage disappeared.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I can lie on my tax return, and say I donate $1500 a year to them, and get the tax benefit!

LOL / JK

• d
    d

I am able to better made a convincing arguement in many situations.They helped me to talk in crowds

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

There are many things I convinced myself of that were good. Once I got honest with myself however I can't find any. I have been thinking about this for months. A variation of this question was posted on another board months ago, and I have been trying to think of something good that came from it...nothing, just the lies I told myself.

There were people I liked, there were some non-JW activities that I had fun at, but that's not exactly the same thing.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

You get to look like a moron by wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase.

• watson
    watson

Great for networking. If you are a tradesman, or builder, some great bartering potential.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

There's some pros to be fair. While I no longer agree with all of the WT's doctrines, their literature is simple enough to assist someone in grasping a basic and working knowledge of what's in the Bible. Granted the literature has a hidden agenda, but it is simplified enough for the individual who is completely unfamiliar with the Bible.

I like being indifferent to holidays as it saves me money and unnecessary aggravation. I don't feel as if I'm missing out on anything by not participating in holidays and I have a small measure of gratitude towards to the WT for that.

The political neutrality as taught by the WT has some flaws to be sure. However I like the fact that when one wakes up to the WT's nonsense, they can take a fresh new to politics and non-biased view towards political and social issues as opposed to being raised Lefty or Righty. As a born in dub, I don't feel any connection towards Dems or Repubs, matter fact I hate all of them equally. For that as well I feel some gratitude towards the WT.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You get to learn how to read at a third grade level, to be socially awkward, politically ignorant, and arrogantly pacifist.

Ya, those are good things.

• Yan Bibiyan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit