WTS Speaks out of Both Sides of Their Mouth

by blondie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Remember when the WTS said this:

*** w00 1/15 p. 13 par. 17 “Keep on the Watch” ***

Nevertheless, the Bible does not state that Jehovah will wait until every individual on earth has received a personal witness. Rather, the good news must be preached to Jehovah’s satisfaction. Then the end will come.—Compare Matthew 10:23.

And

*** w10 9/15 p. 10 par. 12 Earnestly Seek Jehovah’s Blessing ***We recognize that the end could come at any time; Jehovah’s timing is not contingent on our giving a personal witness to every individual on the planet. (Matt. 10:23)

BUT 11/15/2011

P. 18 par. 9

"Out of love for fellow humans, we go from house to house, making every effort to contact each occupant with the "good news of [God's] kingdom.""

• cantleave
    cantleave

Keep working slaves - occupy yourselves with futile activity, for the end is not coming, and we don't want you to notice!

• designs
    designs

They should just assign Pioneers to the Maturnity ward at each Hospital...

• Dagney
    Dagney

"out of love for fellow humans..."

Hahahahahahahaha! Boy that is rich. They just crack me up.

One thing this organization or it's adherents does not have is love for their fellow man. They hate the "world," and it shows in everything it and they do.

POS religion.

• kazar
    kazar

Thanks for the post, Blondie.

• therevealer
    therevealer

making every effort to contact each occupant, Not even just every home but each occupant. But what about success rate. This from their 2012 examining the scriptures daily suggests not so much:

those who truly make the Bible their guide are a minority-only about 0.1 percent of the earth's population. (from second paragraph on forward page)

But I guess if they just keep on keepin on, who knows where it will lead. Hundred years in and still 99.9% of earth's population can't see the logic to any of it. But just give them a couple more overlapping generations and see where it goes

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Hey Blondie, I was thinking this too, when I heard the Noo Lite at the WT.

They have to push a new angle on the preaching, because the preaching has gotten to "all the nations" according to WT's own Year of Ministry Activity. They always find a way to "encourage" the rank and file the end is near, so preach, preach, preach!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

better get your luggage ready for India, and China!

• Terry
    Terry

Being EFFECTIVE at preaching has never been a goal of Jehovah's Witnesses.

It is public relations and to set themselves apart, to individuate, from mainstream christianity.

All the oddball nay-saying is self-branding. (NO Christmas, NO Easter, NO birthdays, NO partaking of the emblems, No flag salute, etc.)

The weird religion name: JEHOVAH's witnesses is branding.

Cartoon religion run by amateurs.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

To give a balanced reply I will say "The WTS is in dire need of some fresh blood on the GB. They are down to 7 members. It needs to go to about 18 with some from Asia and South America. This new blood may advise them to stop publishing nonsense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit