WTS Speaks out of Both Sides of Their Mouth

by blondie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

*** w00 1/15 p. 13 par. 17 “Keep on the Watch” ***

Nevertheless, the Bible does not state that Jehovah will wait until every individual on earth has received a personal witness. Rather, the good news must be preached to Jehovah’s satisfaction. Then the end will come.—Compare Matthew 10:23.

And

*** w10 9/15 p. 10 par. 12 Earnestly Seek Jehovah’s Blessing ***We recognize that the end could come at any time; Jehovah’s timing is not contingent on our giving a personal witness to every individual on the planet. (Matt. 10:23)

Good catch. Classic contradiction. Notice if they are accused of one, they can point to the other, and if the other, can point to the one.

• juni
    juni

Appears to me they have included in their spirit directed prophesying some modern day....... CYA.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

W 11/15/2011 pg 18 par 9 should read:

"Because we desire to be a nuisance to fellow humans, we go from house to house, making every effort to contact each occupant with the "good news of [God's] kingdom."

Sorry Blondie I just had to do that. Superb research BTW!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Or, maybe they are simply trying to get the witlesses to put themselves in harm's way, waste more time at each door, and waste more time and effort in general to get as many as possible in the cancer. They said that there is no guarantee that everyone in the world will be reached, yet they want everyone in territories that they have access to be reached. Effectively, this only means there may well be isolated regions where the witlesses cannot reach, along with territories in countries where they have some witlesses but they are not able to reach. Bangladesh, China, and India are examples of countries where vast territories are rarely to never worked and they are trying to keep witlesses from thinking that, since those territories have about 20 or more years' work to go, the end must be a good 20 years or more away.

However, the witlesses are supposed to go to every door and reach everyone. I remember a couple of years ago, when they had a Kingdumb Misery article urging the witlesses to focus on getting more men into the cancer. This was to be done by asking housewives who were not interested if their husbands might be interested (I wonder how that worked) or returning when the men are more likely to be home and asking specifically for the men. Additionally, I have seen many a Circus Meeting part where they discussed reaching everyone at every house in your territory. While that wouldn't reach Bangladesh, it would reach everyone in your territory. Counting mailboxes, counting door bells, and going to the back doors (where dogs are waiting, and people are more likely to get cops called on them or threatened with getting shot) were suggested ordered.

And yes, I agree that it is a complete waste of time. If one person is not interested, they are not going to encourage others in the household to join the cancer. You could have a wife that is not interested, and will not disclose when the husband is home. Or, will not call the husband to the door. Or, will send the husband to shoo the witlesses away, or bring that big dog to do the job. Almost never are you going to have the wife not interested, but the husband or one of the children wanting to study and being allowed to do so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit