How many JWs does it take...

by TheWanderer 20 Replies latest social humour

• TheWanderer
    TheWanderer

...to change a light bulb? :)

Actually...

...I have no idea. What's your best punchline for it?

• cantleave
    cantleave

7 - The old men in Brooklyn are great at changing the light!

• TheWanderer
    TheWanderer

Nice! :)

My first automatic response was 144,000 but couldn't find the good explanation for it, heh

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

None. They'll all wait in the dark for Watch Tower to screw in their new light.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One thing for sure whenever the GB sees the light is getting useless and redundant they stay on guard to change the light as required.

Philosophically speaking the GB members change the bulb together but 7 million JWS stand nearby grateful to be out of the darkness.

God supposedly supplies the light bulbs for the GB though.

• undercover
    undercover

Lessee...

Governing Body votes on a 2/3 majority... so at least 4 or so there. Then the writing committee, however many that is. Then the legal dept has to double check it to make sure it doesnt conflict with Caeser. Probably some paralegals involved as well. Then it's handed down through the zone overseer, district overseer, circuit overseer and then local elders.

So, let's count...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzhB0gF5GTI&feature=related

• Ding
    Ding

None. The light just keeps getting brighter and brighter.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I like Ding's answer best!!!

• under the radar
    under the radar

It takes about 8 million (however many JWs there are). Seven to change the light, and all the rest to stand around talking about how bright the new one is and how much it was needed and how it was changed at just the right time.

• trueblue
    trueblue

one to hold the light bulb and two to spin the ladder...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit