March 15, 2012 WT: These times are more critical than when we last called them critical, honest!!

by MrMonroe 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

So 3rdgen, the elder either assumed that he wouldn't survive armageddon or that the tree would face god's wrath before fruit would grow on it...what a ridiculously hilarious comment for him to make.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hi Poopsie, This guy has always been a real weasel. He is a windbag who loves the sound of his own voice. He likes to sound "Theocratic"especially in front of an audience. A few months before at the KH ( when we were still active), he walked up to hubby who was visiting with several elders after the meeting. He says breathlessly, Oh ***, I've missed you at the meetings. I have been WORRIED SICK about you!" Hubby (ex elder at this time) replies, "REALLY?? That's funny, I have NEVER EVER received a card, phone call, or even an E-mail from you. You couldn't have been too worried." The PO LOLed!!! And so did I

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

March 15, 2012 Watchtower

Page 5, paragraph 8

It would be a mistake to think that we do not have to work hard in the preaching work because "there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous." (Acts 24:15) ... Our preaching is a way God shows his mercy because it gives people the opportunity to change and to live forever.

GET BUSY!

• designs
    designs

The Watchtower lays off workers with no benefits and sometimes not even a Thank You.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"I don't want to plant fruit trees because I know we would NEVER harvest any fruit since the end is SOOOO close." His wife shot me a visible eye roll and I returned it and said, "You could be right. But if not, I'm going to really enjoy my home grown cherries,apricots,plums,peaches, and apples.That was FOUR years ago. The fruit is delicious! I've thought about leaving some on his doorstep with a note. hahahaha

I knew a former brother very well who told me he had faced that same argument. He also went on and made the decision to plant the fruit trees. He subsequently planted fruit trees on two other later homesites as well. He recently passed away. . . . . over THIRTY FIVE YEARS AFTER that discussion. Yes, HIS END came before THE END (tm) ever came. I know he enjoyed the fruitage of his work. IMO he made the right decision.

DOC

• 00DAD
    00DAD

"We live in exciting times. Wonderful events are happening now and more lie just ahead.

This is actually a typo. What they meant to say was, "... and more LIES just ahead."

"May each one of us keep pace with Jehovah’s organization."

In fact, it isn't hard to "keep pace with Jehovah’s organization" because it isn't going anywhere. It's in exactly the same place it's been for over 100 years!!!

"Let us heed the Scriptural counsel to look forward and not to look at the things behind."

Yeah, in particular don't look at any of the things we've published in the past, it will only confuse you!!!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

What's more "critical" than "critical"?

What's more "urgent" than "urgent"?

Chicken Little

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Funny: "critical times" but no CRITICAL THINKING!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

The WTBTS keeps using these words and phrases:

• Soon
    • Urgent
    • Shortly
    • Imminent
    • This world's days are numbered
    • Fast approaching
    • At the threshold
    • Rapidly approaching
    • As the end draws near ...