March 15, 2012 WT: These times are more critical than when we last called them critical, honest!!

by MrMonroe 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Remember the wife of Lot? Yeah, she's on my Chrismas card list for next year!

Punk, that's gotta be one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. Hilarious!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They have been banging the same drum for over 100 years and the tune still goes down well with an audience of people who are either ignorant of the world and its history or the kind of people who just see bad wherever they look. "Woe is me, the times are hard, nobody likes me and I like animals better than people "...types.

They get away with it because the audience keeps changing. New people approach the age when they take notice and the oldies inside just want to keep going on, despite the disappointment. They have nowhere to go.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

interesting use of the word now. Like yea yea before we dribbled on about the end but NOW we really really really really really mean it. Sorta.....

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

What exciting times?

I think the closure of Bethels is an exciting development. For years the society was gobbling up real estate to make plans for the tremendous epansion ahead. Now they realise the witnessing work is almost over (the end is SO close!!!) so they won't be needing the drones dusting lampshades and polishing handrails any more.

And Jeffro, thanks for the enlightenment on the kings of the north and south. That makes a certain amount of cool, logical sense .... just as much as the explanation that "the other sheep" are just the Gentiles.

Why make things so difficult and complicate when they can be explained so easily?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The message is a broken record.

For you young-uns' thats a 'vinyl'....as in before CDs and I Tunes...

Perhaps we shall have to say ''like a corrupted file''? Nope, doesn't do the same thing as a scratched record!

Oz

• harekrishna
    harekrishna

I remember hearing how fortunate we were that God was holding off the end. Brothers couldn't even picture seeing the year 2000 (this was 1987). I bet the JW's must really freak out about earthquakes in Missouri.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    God said it would seem DELAYED but it would not be LATE. (Hab 2:3) . . . Lars

Or did he say it would seem LATE but not be DELAYED? . . . I dunno I can never remember.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

March 15, 2012 WT: These times are more critical than when we last called them critical, honest!!

Still hanging on to this fear inducing propaganda, seems today's WTS. just regurgitates what they've been taught by the previous WTS.

Fear mongering at its finest.

Too bad the WTS. writers didn't have the acute education in human history, to realize throughout history even in biblical times that the

sighs were just as prevalent.

Or maybe they did know but were hesitate to say because it would have contravene the End Times doctrine.

You've got to be a bit of a prodigious Bullshitter when you trying to be religious charlatan, even in this day and age .

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Outlaw: "Worldly people shouldn't buy green banannas... they will never get a chance to eat them."

Made me LOL because a similar thing was actually said to hubby and me. We were in the nursury dept. at Home Depot buying bareroot fruit trees when a pious 2 faced elder from our hall spotted us. He rushed over with his wife following behind. After an insincere "Hi we REALLY miss you at the KH." He looks at his wife and says,"I don't want to plant fruit trees because I know we would NEVER harvest any fruit since the end is SOOOO close." His wife shot me a visible eye roll and I returned it and said, "You could be right. But if not, I'm going to really enjoy my home grown cherries,apricots,plums,peaches, and apples.

That was FOUR years ago. The fruit is delicious! I've thought about leaving some on his doorstep with a note. hahahaha

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

He looks at his wife and says,"I don't want to plant fruit trees because I know we would NEVER harvest any fruit since the end is SOOOO close."

Quite a typical pre-programed comment from a JW trying the fear game to get people to the Kingdom Hall.

The JWs will use either fear or guilt to get someone return. Thats the way the WTS. indoctrinates people so that the public

hears and listens to more of their their self created propaganda, which is really designed to support the circulation of its published literature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit