March 15, 2012 WT: These times are more critical than when we last called them critical, honest!!

by MrMonroe 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Just sad. "The Christian ministry has always been urgent, but now it is more critical than ever." (page 18).

What follows is more of the same disgusting tripe: the same scare tactics (nuclear weapons, terrorists, climate change, hurricanes, wars) that made me join in 1985 when the world was on the brink of nuclear armageddon. That was almost 27 years ago.

"The example of a small group of Bible Students who prior to 1914 set out to preach the good news illustrates what it means to have a sense of urgency." (Page 17). That was, uh, 98 years ago, and they were convinced God was going to carry them away to heaven. They believed Christ had already returned. Their entire set of beliefs was abandoned within a generation, replaced by another mirage hovering on the horizon. I bet Charlie Russell, AH Macmillan and the rest of the crew could never have envisaged that almost a century onwards their beloved Watchtower magazine would be still trumpeting that the end was just around the corner.

Christ, talk about having their ears tickled.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Here's a beauty from the 1985 reasoning book

" What would happen if fullfillment of the sign required that we wait until another all out war were to break out between the superpowers??? Such a war would leave few if any survivors. So, you see, Gods purpose that there be survivors indicates that we are very close to the end of this system."_______ reasoning book page 242

The WTS oughta be shame usin' scare tactics to recruit, just shameful

• alanv
    alanv

Every generation of witnesses from Russell onwards has been convinced by the world conditions that the end is imminent. Every generation has been wrong. End of.

• designs
    designs

I'm surprised Barry McGuire's 'Eve Of Destruction' wasn't made a Kingdom Melody...

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

God said it would seem DELAYED but it would not be LATE. (Hab 2:3)

LS

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

LS

• designs
    designs

God, He's such a tease...

• hotspur
    hotspur

Damn - everbody's using the "generation" word.... Don't confuse me... Don't confuse me...

Don't you realise this is the same generation that Russel lived in?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Now I'm out of the cancerous cult it's easy to see how utterly foolish all this 'SOON!'(TM) nonsense is.

What a redundant statement that really is. It's of no practical use to anyone. It's just a get out clause like the 'overlapping generations'(TM) is a get out clause.

It's just a mantra they quote over and over again over and over the years!

WT 15 March 2012 pg 19 para 21

21 We know what will soon overtake this wicked system of things—“the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men.” (2 Pet. 3:7) Our knowledge of God’s Word moves us to declare zealously the coming great tribulation and the new world to follow. We continue to feel a keen sense of urgency to bring real hope to people. By engaging in this urgent work to the full, we show true love for God and fellow man.

• designs
    designs

punko- nice quote. Didn't realize they were still using 'new world' in the mags.; 'the day of judgement and of destruction of ungodly men' geez I hate christianity, what a colossal fear mongering philosophy we were stuck in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit