JW Cable TV Installer Counts His Time.. Home owner very pissed off !

by Hairyhegoat 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

I would have welcomed him. I would have said "I would like to discuss the bible with you from my book Crisis of Conscience, in fact, I think it was written by one of your leaders!"

• ziddina
  • Azazel
    Azazel

Im so sorry for you having that bad experience.

i would have asked Do JW have paid Clergy? When he of course answers No . Tell him he's getting paid to work so enough of the religious BS.

Back when i was a JW

When i have worked in similar industry i made a point of never instigating a religious conversation and never having the last word on it either.

No problemo.

Remember one old dude who had Watchtower n Awakes in a pile behind his front door ,it was a few metres tall! said they had been bringing him mags for the last 30 years and he had never even opened or read them. I just laughed and said you can turn them into pulp for his garden.

Glad you complained the nob head deserves it!

Az

• Stealth
    Stealth

Should have went with Dish Network. They hire profesional installers, not Jdubs getting the pioneer time while on the job.

Never had a bad experience and you can understand the people on phone support because they live in the USA.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No matter what, the witless was hired to install your service. That was probably why he was 2 hours late--wasting time witlessing to another customer, not running into unexpected difficulty. At the very least, this is wasting (stealing) company time. He is being paid by the hour, and if it takes 6 hours to do something that you could have done in 2 minutes, the pay for 5 hours and 58 minutes is actually stolen. You now have a fraud complaint against the company, who should at the very least write up the witless that stole that billable time.

Suppose I were to go to his Kingdumb Hell to fix his computer--for a simple hard drive replacement. It takes me 20 minutes to replace the hard drive. Instead, what if I were to spend about 1 1/2 hours installing Crisis of Conscience on the hard drive? And, indexing it so the Washtowel CD-ROM will access that file instead of their own. All the while, disseminating apostate material through the whole premise, during a boasting session or while one is entering or exiting. That would be about what this amounts to--attempting to coerce a householder into accepting a bad religion.

Not only was that wasting company time, but it was wasting your time. Which is bad service. I can understand if he had unexpected trouble at a previous job and was late. But, this sounds like someone wasting others' time before wasting yours. It looks like the "prep work" involved installing a couple of plates (which takes one or two screws installed), which should have taken 2 minutes or less. Not 45 minutes. You ought to bill them for the time they wasted by continuing to take hours and hours doing something that a reasonably competent person should have had done in under half an hour.

Plus, repeatedly calling you back under the guise of asking questions about your service only to preach about your religion is uncalled for. Not only does this enforce the waste of your time, but it is forcing the religion on you and your family. How many times does it take that you are not interested in the religion? After the first time, that should have been the end of it. After that, you are being infringed on--not to mention the time wasted. A customer service complaint for the wasted time is definitely called for, along with company time wasted. I can assure a nice write-up, assuming this was not the first time it happened. If it continually happens, that's a good way for a witless to get fired--if nothing else, for wasting company time.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" They ( Jehovah Witnesses ) do not force their message on others "________reasoning book page 206

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sounds like 'cableguy' has the best of both worlds!

Not only does he get paid for intalling your 'worldly'(TM) device...........for shame!

but

He also gets to 'qualify for eternal life'(TM) by counting time and possibl;y a 'return visit'(TM) with you.

This one has learned well from the GB!

Well done on reporting this sadsack. No doubt he'll be using it as an 'experience'(TM) on 'persecution'(TM) or 'Informal Witnessing'(TM) or both!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I cant quite understand what power he was weilding over you that could possibly have prevented you from telling him to STFU directly to his face (politely or not is your choice). Will he botch the job because you told him? I doubt it? Will he come back and burn the house down? I doubt it. So why tolerate it and then come here and bitch and moan about it? Call me stupid if you like but me no understand...

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Witness My Fury,

what's the point of this board

If you can't discuss or bitch about Jehovah's Witnesses here

It is called Jehovah Witness.net ain't it ????

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I see, so by that logic we are all supposed to "allow" JWs to witness to us however much it chafes so we can have little anectdotes to share here with the board about how annoying JWs are? Yeah good luck with that...

I'd have preferred a scenario where he told him to STFU or else used some JW knowledge he so obviously has to knicker twist the man who is basically trapped in his house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit