Where is the Statement That JWs Should Follow the GB Even If They Think They Are Wrong?

by Justitia Themis 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sometimes things have been said in talks, that stick in the brain, but are hard to track on paper.....Like speakers who have held up a Green NWT Bible and asked how you would respond if The Society said that it was black? The correct answer was like "Well, I was sure it was green but now you say it , then I accept that the book is Black!"

"Obedience is better than sacrifice, etc......"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No this one was in a Watchtower study, I am positive about it, because I remember having a conversation with a brother about it who was convinced it was proof that Armageddon must be near, and he was expecting the GB to issue weird but very important instructions any moment.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

No this one was in a Watchtower study, I am positive about it, because I remember having a conversation with a brother about it who was convinced it was proof that Armageddon must be near, and he was expecting the GB to issue weird but very important instructions any moment.

Agreed. I too have spent several hours using various search term combinations both in the CD-rom AND in site searches here because we had a long thread discussing it.

• blondie
    blondie

This is eluding me....I read another recently about God leading the Israelites to being blocked at the Red Sea and how they did not understand it but they obeyed.

"understand" is the key word that I keep thinking of. I have to wait till I get home and check on the CD...I remember the thread but can't find it.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    *** w92 11/15 p. 20 par. 8 Serve Jehovah Loyally ***
    As Jehovah’s dedicated Witnesses, all of us must be loyal to him and to his organization. We should never even contemplate turning aside from God’s wonderful light, pursuing an apostate course that can lead to spiritual death now and eventual destruction. (Jeremiah 17:13) But what if it is hard for us to accept or fully appreciate some Scriptural point presented by the faithful slave? Then let us humbly acknowledge where we learned the truth and pray for wisdom to deal with this trial until it comes to an end with some published clarification of matters.—James 1:5-8.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/164649/1/Blondies-Comments-You-Will-Not-Hear-at-the-08-24-08-WT-Study-AUTHORITY

paragraph 13 on.

Thank you for you well structured, systematically consistent comments, Blondie. It makes research all the more easier.

Something else y'all might want to look are the articles in July 15, 2011 WT, enter God's rest and it's subsequent article.

• Quendi
    Quendi

Thanks fot all for their contributions to this thread. After reading all these comments, an impartial or objective inquirer can draw only one valid conclusion about Jehovah's Witnesses: their religion is a cult.

Quendi

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Blondie says:

"I have to wait till I get home......."

I'm assuming thats' why we haven't had any Watchtower commentaries from you lately..... Cause you haven't been home! No pressure, just fun intended. That's how much I like your threads that critique the baloney coming from WT Headquarters.

I'm starving when you gonna get home???

Hope you and yours' are doing well.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

maybe search for "difficult to understand" or "hard to understand" or "do not understand"

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Chilling! 1984. No. Korea crazy.

I was born in and left asap. Do you think the ordinary Witness realizes their first obligation is to the GB.? When I grew up, my JW parents told me the Bible was the prime directive? They are not relaxing with time; quite the opposite.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/164649/1/Blondies-Comments-You-Will-Not-Hear-at-the-08-24-08-WT-Study-AUTHORITY

paragraph 13 on.

Thank you for you well structured, systematically consistent comments, Blondie. It makes research all the more easier.

Something else y'all might want to look are the articles in July 15, 2011 WT, enter God's rest and it's subsequent article.

That's not it, and I have those, but I'm still searching. Thank you all for the help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit