Please can we all have a go at describing and celebrating our different NEW IDENTITIES, versus our OLD WBTS IDENTITY?

by Fernando 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FERNANDO: I am back to being FREE, the way I was before I got sucked into the mistake of being in the JW religion. However, I am older and WISER. No more religion or movements of any sort for me!

• flipper
    flipper

The diference between me now ? 8 years removed out of the mind control cult Jehovah's Witnesses ? Like night and day. I no longer live in fear of my own alleged " imperfect " mind. I have a perfectly FREE mind which I cherish every day which I found by the way is NOT imperfect at all ! I no longer fear the WT society, elders, or ANYBODY in the cult. I no longer feel guilty about anything as we are innocent with no need for guilt.

I cherish everyday in the here and now and live life to the full with close friends and family who accept me unconditionally for who I am. At age 52 I've finally started playing guitar- and actually wrote my first ever song and sang it to my inactive niece and wife last night. The song is entitled " Mind Control ". That too has been healing by singing my a$$ off and playing guitar ! I take time to hike in the woods, chase after exploring for Bigfoot , go fishing, cut firewood , we enjoy swimming in rivers in the summer > Life is GREAT outside of the prison walls called Jehovahs Witnesses and the WT society ! I hope more and more people will join us and realize how sweet and precious freedom is

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I started out as a company man who climbed the ladder. I was a troubled soul that found WTS was glad to guide my soul.
    As I climbed the ladder, I figured out that their guidance was too all-encompassing and I learned to hold out on letting them have full control and slowly stopped being a company man then slowly stopped believing everything they said.

When I broke from believing their teachings, I was a mess because I still had the troubled soul, Watchtower having distracted me for so many years from finding actual peace and ways to eleviate the troubled part. I gathered the peace from my own spiritual journey and dismissed the Bible, religion, and God. I consider myself a rationalist, focusing on what science knows, but really just enjoying the sunsets and stopping to smell the roses. While I dismissed God, He is free to contact me anytime He chooses to guide me, but He better be pretty convincing because I won't get fooled again.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Old: Loyalist to the Watchtower through and through. Depressed because of not doing enough or being spiritual enough, troubled by the behaviors I observed, and lost...obeying orders but never really understanding what the point of it all was. It seemed so futile, a neverending battle we'd been forced into by virtue of birth and knowledge.

New: A thinker. An explorer. Loyal now, as I suppose I had always been, to a higher standard of right and wrong, not one that was fed to me, but one I chose for myself. I continue to search the scriptures for meaning, but I now read the works of so many others. I'm rebuilding my moral framework one patch at a time, and loving the freedom I now have. There will always be pain from what I had to destroy and let go of, but I know that I did the right thing in leaving the JWs. I'm stronger for it, and proud of myself for making it as far as I have. I can finally, after so many years of holding my head down, hold my head up high. There are battles ahead, which might seem neverending. But now I'm strong enough to fight those battles. Because now I see...that no matter what they told me, I was always strong enough. The Watchtower's chains only forced me to get that much stronger so I could finally break them, and be free.

--sd-7

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

OLD:

• Judgmental
    • Frustrated because it was "wrong" to help anyone except by preaching
    • Ashamed of my hunger for art, imagination, creativity, beauty
    • Hated preaching -- the stage fright was AWFUL and never stopped
    • Depressed
    • Ineffectual
    • Resolutely anti-mystical

NEW:

• Sympathetic
    • Creative
    • Joyful
    • Helpful
    • Art-appreciator and mother of two artists
    • Wise (so they tell me)
    • An advisor, not a preacher

And above all --

GentlyFeral

• d
    d

Old-socially weird, nervous parnoid feel like I was falling into an abyss

New-reading more about psychology and human nature I have really matured from 17 to 21 yrs of age. I feel that 21 I have seen that I really did not know myself at 17 yrs of age. But I know myself at 21.als reading Aldous Huxley's works.

• man oh man
    man oh man

Old: Wondering why all those people in the world were so stupid not to listen to the watchtower.

New: Wondering why 7 million plus people are stupid enough to listen to the watchtower.

Everything else about my personality follows this same pattern!!!!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Old: Spiritual Stockholm Syndrome. Blindly and passively believed, supported, justified and rationalised "a morass of inconsistencies", half-truths, outright lies, prejudice, ignorance and insanity, whilst mindlessly following the apostate ruling religious Sanhedrin and apostate clergy class as my mediator.

Middle: Gradual awakening (through a relentless pursuit of the full unabridged "good news" according to scripture). Shocked, horrified and devastated when the penny finally dropped that the WBT$ (my only and favourite religion) is an irreformable and illegitimate con start-to-finish, and a creation of the "god of religion" (the devil who transforms himself into an angel of light).

New: Simple Jesus follower on an active personal journey of spiritual and psychological healing and enlightenment. Non-religious. Non-denominational. Non-sectarian. Non-hierarchical.

• cofty
    cofty

Old - Genuine believer. Passionate about what I believed to be the truth, 100% or nothing. Going to live forever. As an elder thought of my role like a big brother who was there to look out for others. Permanently disapppointed with attitudes of fellow elders and said so too often for my own good.

Middle - Born again praaaaaise Jeeeeebus hallelujah!

Now - Atheist and skeptic but definitely not a cynic. Find myself often overwhelmed by the wonders of life the universe and everything. Very positive about human potential, the best is yet to come. At peace with my mortality - but not ready to go yet, too much still to discover.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Cofty:

Middle - Born again praaaaaise Jeeeeebus hallelujah!

Really? Wow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit