Please can we all have a go at describing and celebrating our different NEW IDENTITIES, versus our OLD WBTS IDENTITY?

by Fernando 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When I was a witless, I felt I "had" to get at least some field circus each month, and pressure to attend the boasting session at least occasionally. When I was in it more, I had to do field circus on a regular basis. I dreaded Christmas, because the music would be aggravating. I was brought in where I was too judgmental with music, and had to throw things away because of a single questionable phrase. The scumbag that dragged me in wanted me to "clean" that, music-wise, I was afraid of songs like Diana Ross Upside Down, Breathe Hands to Heaven, and all Michael Jackson (including Thriller LP material and earlier), Culture Club, Journey, and most Madonna and Prince. Yet I had to accept the Kingdumb maladies, which were not even music and two were at least as dirty as the worst of Michael Jackson, Madonna, or Culture Club (27 and 61).

These days, there is no worry about Christmas. Rather, I simply put up the decorations, enjoy the music, and allow others to celebrate without feeling the need to disrupt it (like disabling the Christmas lights so they wouldn't light). I listen to real music, and if it's dirty, so what. And no more placing rags I don't believe in, going to boasting sessions every week, or having to wear that fxxxing suit while working in field circus when it is around 40 o C and muggy.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

OLD: Company Man par excellence

NEW: I'm still working on it. I'll let you know when I figure it out! I spent some time pondering this very question last night with a Rocky Patel Vintage 2003 Cameroon and a glass of deep Rhone red from Paso Robles; actually, it was a couple of glasses of red!

• besunny
    besunny

Old: never doing enough,always feeling guilty and depressed

New: mind is free and open to new things,,life has more purpose and quaility

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Old identity - I probaby appeared cold and aloof to a lot of 'worldy' peope, despite the fact that my natural personality is outgoing. I knew something was amiss in my life but couldn't put my finger on what it was <<<<like Truman. I felt frustrated and isolated from my fellow man.

New identity - I am much more interested in peope and my community. I think I was frightened of getting close to peope before because I knew that the JW awkwardness would become an issue at some point; it was easier just to fling a barrier up from the start.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

OLD - Hardcore asshole who thought low hour publishers were weak. Most likely to rat you out.

MIddle - Discovering the truth about the truth. Meeting attendance waining, no service hours

NEW - Spiritual but not religious after a spell of atheism. More concerened about people, not man made institutions. A work in pregress

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I think I like the Middle & New WH!!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Old- severely abuse JW born-in. Terrified of demons and Armageddon. Age 13- realize brothers in my KH are incapable of reading the WT text. Afraid I will die from realization. Don't believe b/c all the people I love will die, including me. Despite my disbelief, still terrified of demons and Armageddon.

New-educated with generous financial aid. Transition to middle class is very hard and painful. No place else to go so I stick it out. Tour Europe. Become an Anglican. Live in Manhattan. Have subscriptions to companies at Lincoln Center. Drawn to fine arts and rock and roll. Much more vibrant. Witty. Feel competence. People in my life encourage me. KH-always discouraged. Attend elite women's college - feminism is celebrated. Capable of acting the way men do. Enjoy Central Park. Diversity in friendships.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea bro you wouldn't have liked me, (00DAD) and I were in the same circuit), but about the time the Bro's were asking about u I was already thinking it was all a house of cards

• alias
    alias

Old: Born-in

New: Reborn

• Think About It
    Think About It

OLD- True blue small town congregation WTS elder. Faithfully married family man. Generous with donations to the WTS to the point where my personal savings & lifestyle suffered. Worked very hard for the 100+ congregation members.

NEW- Nothing like a WTS elder now. Separated and looking. Self made millionaire. In my position now have over 100+ people working for me.

In many ways I'm the same, yet in many ways I'm so different.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit