JW FAMOUS CLICHE SAYINGS

by strymeckirules 123 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

@ Peridotgreen,

How right you are. Years ago I noticed that some Bibles translate Isiah 65:11 (the ' god of good luck' scripture) as 'setting the table for the god of good fortune,' or simply 'for Fortune.' Examples here.

So it's the same thing. Witnesses were fooling themselves by saying 'fortunate' rather than 'lucky.'

And the Watchtower magazine, 9-1-80 issue, p30 suggests that using the word luck to simply mean "good results" is perfectly ok anyway.

It's one of those famous Watchtower myths that catches hold and goes on for decades.

• karter
    karter

The socitey is made up of 100% imperfect people.....translation we can say anything and if it turns out to be false we can say that.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Don't count your time, make your time count

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Armageddon is just around the corner

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The New Sytem is so cllose you can ":

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

h

etc etc etc

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Even if we didn't have the truth our religion is still a great way of life.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Wives, be submissive to your husbands

You will win him without a word...

• still thinking
    still thinking

They'll be sorry when armageddon comes....cause I'll get their house....mwahhhhhaahahaha

Pams girl...my partner 'informed' me the other day that the one thing he misses about me studying is the 'wives be submissive' bit...LOL

Just as well he was joking...talk about live dangerously...ha ha

• dm6
    dm6
    "Our heavenly father Jehovah, we deem it a grand privilege to approach your throne of undeserved kindness in Jesus Christ's name......"

That is cringeness at its finest!

What always really pissed me off was all the weird talk they always talk, in trying to be perfect, and this particular term of phrase was the absolute most irritable for me: "How wonderful it is" My bible teacher once said this when the CO came on my second bible study as weirdly we had both travelled to the same part of the world for other reasons, he says "How wonderful it is that Jehovah has arranged for the CO to be on your second bible study"

Dont know about you lot i was constantly told proverbs 3:5,6 arrghhhhhhh

I was constantly told when i kept questioning it this same verse over and over ike it was being pummeled into my brain.

I was only a bible student for a short while too, But as soon as i did lean on my own understanding i could clearly fucking see.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

dm6 said,

...all the weird talk they always talk, in trying to be perfect..."How wonderful it is"

- and -

That is cringeness at its finest!

You've started a laugh riot here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit