Who designed cancer?

by snare&racket 148 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

At least the Watchtower quotes sources, even if they twist the truth somewhat. Better than you are doing, by spewing abuse all the time. As I've said before: You're not going to get far with that. I asked you nicely for proof, and you come back with the same silly retorts. Yes, I know you don't suffer fools. Practice what you preach then. Don't act like one.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Save the arguing for something really important.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You know EP, I missed you. Where were you?

I was minding my own business.

Let me help you out here. See, I can also do the marker thing now. Do you know what "extinct" means? Let's go to Wiki:

I am not sure what your point is with the cut and paste. Did someone say that Neanderthals didn't go extinct?

Are you sure of your facts?

My facts? I don't know what that means. It's not as if I own certain facts and you aren't allowed to use them. Indeed, I think we would all be better off if you did start to learn something and use facts. If you are asking about Neaderthal DNA, then I am sure that I read multiple studies that say it's there. "

The study uncovered the first solid genetic evidence that "modern" humans—or Homo sapiens—interbred with their Neanderthal neighbors, who mysteriously died out about 30,000 years ago.

What's more, the Neanderthal-modern human mating apparently took place in the Middle East, shortly after modern humans had left Africa, not in Europe—as has long been suspected.

"We can now say that, in all probability, there was gene flow from Neanderthals to modern humans," lead study author Ed Green of the University of California, Santa Cruz, said in a prepared statement.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Ballistic, you're right. There's more important things to concentrate on. This argument is going nowhere fast.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Better than you are doing, by spewing abuse all the time.

I am not abusing you. It's not MY fault you are being willfully ignorant, purposefully stupid, spreading dangerous misinformation and worshipping an invisible slavery, murder, misogyny foreskin loving sky daddy.

If you don't want people to point that out, then it's probably best to stay quiet and learn something before you speak.

You might as well wear a banana hammock to the store and then get all butthurt over people laughing at you for wearing a banana hammock.

If you don't want people to call you out for saying and doing stupid stuff, here's a protip: Stop doing and saying stupid stuff.

I asked you nicely for proof, and you come back with the same silly retorts.

I don't recall offering to be your research assistant. Many others here have offered up many great resources for educating yourself. If you have not availed yourself of those that it not my problem or responsibility and, in fact, is indicative of you choosing to remain willfully ignorant. It's not silly to point out your hypocrisy and lack of any attempt to learn something.

It's just the same as pointing out that water is wet.

Yes, I know you don't suffer fools. Practice what you preach then. Don't act like one.

I don't. Thanks for noticing. I hope one day you learn from my example.

BTW, since I am a Jew and you said they were superior people, have you started worshipping me yet, doing my bidding, washing my dirty laundry? I am just wondering what I get for being superior.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Ballistic, you're right. There's more important things to concentrate on. This argument is going nowhere fast.

Not true at all. It's mowing down the ignorance you spew at a pretty quick pace. YOUR argument is going nowhere fast as it was stillborn, the rest of us are doing pretty OK.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Yes I can see it now, 2-4% of Neanderthal genes are a serious under estimation. You are all Neanderthal. So what have I learnt? There are Neanderthals amongst us. So you are actually walking proof of your argument. You have proved your point. Congratulations!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You have proved your point. Congratulations!

My point was that, once again, you had absolutely NO idea what you were talking about. You just proved it again.

Of course no one said there are Neanderthals walking around. I didn't attempt to make ANY argument. WTF do you think "extinct" means? Heck, we also have viral and bacterial DNA in us, doesn't mean we are walking virii.

My point is, yet again, rather than looking at facts, experiments and tests and seeing what they tell us and what we can learn from them, you look at them to see if they support your pre-decided upon world view and reject things that don't.

Willful ignorance.

I think we are done here.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Wow, the JWs did a great job of teaching people how to divert difficult questions...

For believers out there, who do you think designed cancer, trisomy 21, tuberculosis, cholera, cystic fibrosis..... etc?

P.s. I understand the WT set a bad example with regard to referencing, but Wikipedia is not a legitimate source. Papers with a wiki reference would be rejected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit