As An EXJW Does Christmas Mean Anything To You?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I've been thinking how correct the Witnesses are regarding an aspect of Xmas. It IS totally commercialized and it's big business and materialism. Having said that, I enjoy giving presents and recieving them. But I see that for some people it's all about the gifts, their value, the amount, etc.

Well, Merry Christmas, just the same!

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Stupid holiday. Only good thing about it is having a day off.

• xchange
    xchange

It's always been a great period of time to indulge in food & drink, artifical kindness and more outdoor hockey games!

It was like that before and still remains true for me after leaving the JWs. (minus the outdoor hockey games - unless I go up Grouse Mountain).

• minimus
    minimus

I liked it more a few years ago but this economy SUCKS! It's so difficult and everyone must watch their pennies.

Yesterday I was in the mall with my gf, and she bought me a beautiful I Pad with all the accessories. Other than the phone stores, the mall was sparse. There were at least a total of 6 or 7 jewelry stores on that floor and not one person was buying anything there. Clerks were just chit chatting.

• sabastious
    sabastious

The get togethers/parties that come from it is where the value is, imo. Good company is the secret desire of the heart.

-Sab

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Not really. Christmas was not a happy time in my house. I'll take the day off but other than that, it means little to me

• designs
    designs

Its fun with my grandson.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

My office closes for two weeks - that has a lot of meaning. Other than that I have a hard time getting into it - I went to 3 Christmas parties this past weekend and it seemed to be too many lonely people getting smashed.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    My office closes for two weeks - that has a lot of meaning.

Good LORD - what in the world kind of an office is THAT???

• designs
    designs

You must be in France...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit