60 yr. old needs chaperon????

by red21 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• red21
    red21

So, a female relative of mine who is 60 but inactive in the truth had their mate dying in the hospital. The older sister + husband and old brother (of dying man) (active witnesses) come to visit and stay at their home. The old sister is staying at the hospital around the clock for the duration of the visit but tells her sister-in-law that she MUST have a chaperon at the house if she is going to be there with her husband and her dying husbands older brother? Is that messed up or what? So, I get a call to come down and chaperon a 60 yr. old woman????? I told her I would come and visit to support her but not as a chaperon. The relative insisted this was not to "blame" on the brothers but was just the older sister being so strict...but I am sorry, they are the PRODUCT of the religion that thinks a near widowed woman who is 60 needs a chaperon??????? Messed up I say!!!!

• sizemik
    sizemik

red21 . . . that is messed up.

I can tell a similar story . . . An older brother in his early 70's, who had become a good friend, lost his wife. After the funeral nobody visited apart from myself. An elderly lady a few houses down from him, called on him with a plate of scones. She was not a JW but had seen the public death notice. She did this several times over about six weeks. When the BOE got wind of it they demanded he have a chaperon present and preferably he stop her from calling . . . even though they had never called themselves, or even phoned him. He told them to "bugger off" (his exact words).

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Now I would have loved to have heard that exchange

• Namaste
    Namaste

My 70 year old parents have been sucked back in after a decade of mostly inactivity. They usually give a ride to an 80+ year old widow in their congregation. Recently my mother couldn't attend the meeting so they told me how they were careful and called the widow to make sure that she was not uncomfortable in receiving a ride with just my father. They have all known each other for over 40 years. They wanted to make sure they didn't bring any "reproach" on "j's name". So unbelievably controlled, makes me incredibly sad.

• wobble
    wobble

In the minds of the WT/GB if an unmarried couple are alone together for more than two seconds, all their clothes fall off and they are at it like rabbits in no time.

Oh, the strange sexual fantasies that a life cloistered in Bethel brings on !

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

They seem obsessed with sex.

Bangalore

• blondie
    blondie

I know of a case where a sister's brother and sister-in-law came to stay with them while the sister-in-law had to go into the hospital. The elders said that this sister and her brother had to have a chaperone if they were alone in the house because the neighbors did not know of their family relationship............how sick is that

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Yet they allow pedophiles without chaperones. Sickening.

Bangalore

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Hasn't anyone heard "Act your age"? Usually, a chaperone is required in high school events where it is common for people under the age of 18 (some places it's 16 or 17) to do things behind the backs of everyone else. Usually it's sex but sometimes it's underage drinking or drugs, or even drink driving. Once they get into college, however, there is no need for chaperones. I went to college. I saw a few of the parties. I never seen any chaperones at those parties, and yet I never saw orgies or more than isolated incidents of drink driving or drug use.

By insisting on chaperones well past the age of 18 for mentally competent people, the witlesses take all the fun out of living. Sometimes, they can't even have events at all--the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger took that away from the witlesses between the mid 1980s and the end of the century. Small events need chaperoning, and engaged couples need chaperones right up until after they are married. They are adults--if they can trust college students (at that, at a time when one could buy beer on campus) and only have isolated cases of drink driving, orgies, and drug use, why cant' they trust witlesses who are often in their 30s and beyond without a chaperone? Are they really that obsessed that no one get the chance to test out a new mate before committing?

Worse than that, I never saw any need for chaperones after boasting sessions for merely transporting others to and from boasting sessions. You only have a few minutes, you are in a public venue, and you are not worried about an after-party. Perhaps you are going to get single, isolated incidents where fornication happens after boasting sessions--usually, it would be among teenagers going in the same car group after the boasting session, not among people in their 70s and 80s. And certainly not between some teenager and someone that is 80+ years old. While fornication can happen in those cases, it is highly unusual--they have a better chance of getting hurt or killed in a crash than having a fornication between someone that is 80+ years old and a teenager.

For sure, what if people that are stopped from easily going to boasting sessions by this rule would stop going at all? If you have a person that is 45 or so, and the only easy way for them to get to and from boasting sessions or field circus is with a single person of the opposite sex, and the hounders put a stop to that, the simplest solution is to not go at all. I hope that happens a lot more. And then they will be whining because too many people are missing meetings.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Sadly, Jehovah Witnesses are taught that they cannot be trusted

to make an adult decision, with out the aid of the Organization

the same Organization, that have rules for married couples in

there own bedrooms . You know , certain acts prohibited between

to consenting married people, how ridiculous can it get

I wonder if it's still missionary style only , no freaky deaky, keep it holy

remember Jehovah's watchin'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit