How long has it been since you communicated with your love ones.

by jam 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Jamie, sorry to hear that. Just unbelievable, I hate this Religion or cult.

Well, I tend to agree with No More Kool Aid when she said:

It has been much easier to leave them behind and start a new life for my family.

My mother is an unhealthy influence in my life as long as she is a jw. She alowed her jw husband to abuse my brother and me and then stood around like a bobble head when the elders insist that I either remain in an abusive marriage or stalk the guy who was threatening to kill me to se whether he would decide to commit adultery or murder. I don't need or want people like that in my life...even if se's my mom.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I had the disadvantage to overhear my mother's friends talking about disfellowshipped family,and how they can't even see their grandchildren or nieces or nephews.

It made me sick,because I know one of the grandmother's granddaughter asked her mother if her grandmother had died. They always try to blame the one disfellowshipped.

@Jamie,most parents would be happy to have their children call them in the hospital. And it could be considered family business under Watchtower "law." But,if you didn't call her,she could complain to her friends that her daughter didn't even call her,so sad.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I'm able to any time, but realistically after reading more how this cult has destroyed so many people lives ( Deaths)

broken marriages, broken up families , I don't really want to now.

I am not voluntarily wanting to.

I am very ashamed and disgusted of my family members that are still in this very corrupt destructive cult.

• flipper
    flipper

I have not talked to my youngest JW daughter in 3 years and that was only for about 5 minutes on the phone as she was trying to Witness to me. My older JW daughter I talked to about 3 months ago for 20 - 30 minutes, but before that it had been about a year. They usually don't return my calls , my older daughter will occasionally- my younger daughter, never.

I have an older JW sister who is very self righteous and I haven't talked to her in 4 or 5 years . My older JW elder brother rarely talks to me , unless he thinks he has some dirt on me that he wants to rat me out to my aged JW parents about. So every couple years he cranks up the Gestapo Nazi machine and starts interrogating me.

I get sick and tired of my JW families mind games. It's infantile, stupid, and ridiculous

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Jamie, sounds like we hit the same parental jackpot! The thing with trying to stay in contact is that we were playing by different rules. We didn't talk about the kids being in sports, career, politics, or what we were doing with new friends over a holiday weekend. However they continued to try to tell me every little dumb gossip in the congregation, how busy they are with service and meetings and just gerneralized guilt trips. I don't want any of this in my life anymore! The final straw was my stepfather (elder) getting drunk at my son's graduation party, stayed until 1am insulting our guests and unfortunatly I cannot have a relationship with my mother or other family members without dealing with him and he is toxic. Life has been better since I cut some folks out, and sometimes you have to cut wide margins to get the rot out. So sad what this cult does to family. NMKA

• dozy
    dozy

My JW siblings stopped virtually all communication 3 years ago. One emailed me to tell me that she was ceasing any communication whatsoever until I started attending meetings again ( nb - I'm faded , not DFd and my wife still attends the KH, but they shun her as well.) No emails / txts / letters / anniversary cards / phone calls. One has since moved house & not bothered to advise her new address or phone number - so much for "necessary family business" contact. On the "fiery coals principle" I send them anniversary cards & postcards annually keeping them up to date with their nieces & nephews. Recently , out of the blue , I got a postcard when one brother had been to an international assembly (I guess he rationalised that he was giving a witness , of sorts).

My elderly JW parents - phone them every week. I spoke to my Dad this morning. See them more often that some of their JW children (who are too busy on the JW treadmill to visit them regularly , even though they live closer).

Anyway - my JW siblings aren't "loved ones" any more. They love the WTBTS / GB - not me or my family........

Actually I think I have got off lightly. First of all , my relatives are almost without exception the classic self righteous JWs who virtually everyone hates anyway , including most JWs. Secondly , I can get by being shunned by my bros & sis - I would despair if I was shunned by my children - I really don't know how those of you who have experienced that can cope....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit