How long has it been since you communicated with your love ones.

by jam 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• talesin
    talesin

587 ---

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Today

The moral of the story ??????????????/

Don't get baptised

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

00DAD - what your Dad says is true, only to a certain extent. You may have taught them what you thought was right but it takes a bigger man to admit they were wrong and to change, move in a different direction. You seem to have done that so don't blame yourself.

My child, without doubt, comes first in my life and always will. That moto I can tell you, has been the downfall of a relationship or two for me and that's the way it goes and far as I'm concerned, my child means more to me than anyone can possibly mean. I'm grateful that her hard core JW mother didn't blind her mind towards me although she has never known what I think regarding the JW belief, and thankfully she's now of an age where she can think and decide for herself and we have a air tight relationship.

Once, about 5 years ago, rather than just going to the meetings on a tues/thurs/sun she also took my daughter to an extra meeting a week not in her own kingdom hall, I was furious, but I learned that there are certain ways to go about things in order to accomplish your goal, and not only did that stop but the GB stopped the home book study, I was over the moon.

I still have to be careful but I've slowly, started to tell her why I think it's wrong and I've had a positive reaction so far. One step at a time.

My heart goes out to all the folk here who don't see or speak to family, these family members need a right good kick up the arse to bring them to their senses, my heartfelt hope for all of you is that it changes, soon, and families become families again.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

iCeltic - Yes of course my dad was right. But he was also not very understanding or compassionate in the way he said it. And also, as you observed, he doesn't understand about realizing you were wrong and changing.

Thanks for your kind words.

Daniel

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Talked to them last weekend.

Took a few years after my departure for them to see it's all BS. Well except for my sister in law, she's still a JW nutjob.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

With the exception of three telephone conversations about medical history of her and her family, my mother hasn't spoken to me for 24 years. She was enraged when I called her in the hospital several months back to inquire about her health.

• jam
    jam

Jamiebowers: wow, 24 years. Is it because your mom is A JW

or is it something else why you have not communicated with her?

I ask because with my daughter I believe the reason she cut off

communication , the divorce between me and her Mom. She can

not find it in her heart to forgive me.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Jamiebowers: wow, 24 years. Is it because your mom is A JW

Yes. She's a jw, and I was df'd for circumstnces surrounding me leaving an abusive jw husband.

• jam
    jam

Jamie, sorry to hear that. Just unbelievable, I hate

this Religion or cult.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I have had no communication with my mother/ stepfather (elder ) for 18 months. Communication ended with JW extended family at that time too. My husband speaks to his out of state JW parents via phone aprox every 2 weeks, I have no communication with them. My husband has a brother that he may text once a month. My husband has a DF'ed nephew (but trying to be reinstated) that is very needy with broken cars and various other weekly misfortunes, however when my husband laid on him that he was in a cult and should pursue an education a and a job to support himself, he stopped calling.

I have to say the most difficult part of my exodus was trying to walk a tightrope of still trying to appease all of them and keep polite lines of communication open. It has been much easier to leave them behind and start a new life for my family. However I have to say to all of you who are unable to communicate with their children, that I cannot even begin to imagine your pain and my heart goes out to you all........ keep trying. NMKA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit